Complaint Review: DEX MEDIA

• Updated: Mon, March 26, 2007

• Reported By:clackamas Oregon
DEX MEDIA
Englewood, Colorado U.S.A.

DEX MEDIA WEST Ripoff FRAUD FORCED ADS ONLY ASKED FOR ARTWORK THEY PLACED AD WHEN I TOLD THEM NOT TOO!! Portland Oregon

*Consumer Suggestion: We can tell you how not to deal with Dex...

On Tuesday Nov 15th 2006, I had JOHN LOCKMAN, salesman for Dex media west show up at my shop. I told him I was THINKING about an ad, but wanted prices and some artwork to show me what they can do. I was told by MR. Lockman that he had a deadline on the next day (friday) and I told him that my land line was not available until monday or tuesday the following week. He assured me that he at least wanted to start artwork, so he had me sign a release to do so. I again stated that this was for artwork and he stated, "yes, artwork only". The shop owner next door heard the entire conversation. (he was feet away)

Anyways, after he left, I started to realize that there was no way to get the phone in time and my finances werent very strong, so I wrote Mr. Lockman an email telling him to cancel the job. He already sent me 2 emails with pictures of the ad. I again told him, not to run the ad since I was not going to have my land line installed until the next Tuesday. But, again, no answer. So, I called the 1-800#, and talked to someone there. They said he was the only person to cancel it, so they would write him and let him know about the cancellation. That same evening, i called the number again, they said they got no response from his emails. So, they documented it again.

So, for the next few days, writing emails, I decided to call his number again. Now it said he was on vacation! So, now i called the 1-800# again, and they said they noted it. then the lady on the other line said that the ad may or not be in since he hasnt called or emailed back any answer. All i could do is wait until the new book came out and see if I was in the book.

Well, 3 weeks later, we got the new book. And not only did they put me in the Portland book, (I needed Clackamas county ONLY) but they also put my PERSONAL cell number in the ad!!! (they needed a number for the artwork, so I reluctantly gave my cell, so if they did mess up, people could still reach me) Now, I am furious! I called his # again, wrote emails, and no answer. So, i called the 1-800#, they told me to call this b'otch in Colorado. She said she had a signed release. I said I had no documents or copies given to me so I had no idea what she had. She sent me a copy of a release, now with the business next doors number changed in the phone number box, to my cell, and my signature with a whole lot of numbers (dollar signs) on the page!!! They want $286 a month for an ad that was not the business telephone number, for a listing to my personal cell #, AND I had to jack up my cell bill from 65 to 144 a month!

I get no help, no response, nothing from JOHN LOCKMAN of PORTLAND OREGON. Now all I get is threatening letters from Dex, a triple sized bill from my cell company, a wrong number listing, an ad I did not want, an ad placed in the wrong book, and no reponse from JOHN LOCKMAN.

Steve
Clackamas, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2006 10:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DEX-MEDIA/Englewood-Colorado/DEX-MEDIA-WEST-Ripoff-FRAUD-FORCED-ADS-ONLY-ASKED-FOR-ARTWORK-THEY-PLACED-AD-WHEN-I-TOLD-T-182555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DEX MEDIA

#1 Consumer Suggestion

We can tell you how not to deal with Dex...

AUTHOR: Ronnda - (U.S.A.)

We have a dispute in arbitration right now with this company so we can not post any details about it online.

We would love to share how not to deal with this problem, so you can avoid the pitfalls we have experienced.