Complaint Review: HWA

• Submitted: Mon, January 30, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, January 30, 2012

• Reported By: Ilan — Austin Texas United States of America
Lincolnshire, Illinois United States of America

HWA Home Warranty of America First time I used oven it broke. HWA refused to cover repair claiming it does not fall under normal wear and tear. Lincolnshire, Illinois

First time I used my oven it quit in the middle of cooking.  I only noticed that it quit because I heard a pop and noticed the display went blank.  I submitted the claim but was denied on the grounds that it was not normal wear & tear.   I was told to send the inspection report.  I left a phone message with my rep Juana  asking for the correct email address to send the report. That call was never returned.  When I finally did reach Juana I emailed the report.  I was told it was reviewed by management and it was rejected again for the same reason.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HWA/Lincolnshire-Illinois-60069/HWA-Home-Warranty-of-America-First-time-I-used-oven-it-broke-HWA-refused-to-cover-repair-831160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HWA