Complaint Review: Omni Tech

• Updated: Mon, December 28, 2015

• Reported By: Trusting Person — Vancouver Washington
Omni Tech
Los Angeles CA Los Angeles, California USA

Omni Tech Omni promised not to bill my acct until 4th week in May yet they billed immediately and overdrafted my account. Los Angeles California

*UPDATE Employee: OmniTech refunded $79.99 and $30 in addition for the overdraft charges to the customer.

I googled Microsoft to repair viruses in computer because programs were shutting down & would not let me in.  Omni Tech was under this so I contacted them.  They used remote after telling me my registry was severely corrupted as were other programs.  They said they would not bill me until 4th week in May since I had no money in acct.  I discovered that they have billed acct and have caused overdraft.  I am now concerned about their use of remote and what they may have or have not done to my computer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 02:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omni-Tech/Los-Angeles-California/Omni-Tech-Omni-promised-not-to-bill-my-acct-until-4th-week-in-May-yet-they-billed-immedi-1050747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omni Tech

AUTHOR: Omnitech Support - ()

Marcy Sinclair contacted us on May 13, 2013 with an issue: “installing the Windows 8 metro Apps updates in the computer and removing infections” and agreed to pay $79.99 later on May 29, 2013. We agreed to her proposal and our technician fixed the issue on her computer. She checked and confirmed the issue resolution.

Below is the issue resolution confirmation chat transcript:

12:43 PM CC-TECH 26: Okay Marcy, we are glad to inform you that your issues with installing the Windows 8 metro Apps updates in your computer and removing infections and cleaning registry has been fixed.
12:43 PM Marcy Sinclair: I am so tired out
12:43 PM CC-TECH 26: For updating our records, I would like you to kindly check  and confirm if the issues have been fixed by replying with a YES  or NO.
12:51 PM Marcy Sinclair: YES all fixed
12:51 PM CC-TECH 26: Thank you for the confirmation.

On the very next day (May 14, 2013) the customer called us and informed that her VISA card was charged for $79.99 unexpectedly and she was very unhappy. We immediately apologized for our mistake and refunded to her $79.99 in the next few minutes and she appreciated for our quick resolution.

Below are the refund transaction details;
Transaction Approved.
Auth Code: 451834138
Ref #: 451824115

Later on the same day the customer called us again and informed that her account was in an overdraft situation . Therefore, we also credited her an additional $30 to reimburse her for her bank’s overdraft fee. The customer agreed to it.

Below are the refund transaction details;
Transaction ID: 451888337
Auth Code:         451898

On May 18, 2013 the customer called us and complained that we didn’t serve her as promised. We apologized and assured the customer that we will not charge her at all on May 29th for the issue resolution and will consider the fix for FREE for the inconvenience, she faced. She thanked us.

We sincerely hope this resolves her complaint. We always try to meet our customers’ needs and expectations. That’s why the Better Business Bureau has awarded OmniTech with A+ rating. We always try to maintain our professionalism and our high standard of service, so that every Consumer can feel confident and secure when doing business with Omni Tech Support.