Complaint Review: Personnel Concepts

• Submitted: Mon, February 27, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By:Studio City California
Personnel Concepts
2865 Metropolitan Place Pomona, California U.S.A.

Personnel Concepts, PCI - Compliance Service Department Fraudulent letters stating that a business will be find by the U.S. Government for not complying with labor law posters. Pomona California

*Consumer Comment: Marketing: Perhaps Legal, But Not Ethical

*Author of original report: Misleading posters

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: personnel concecpts

*Consumer Comment: Legal however unethical in ways you represent your product

*Consumer Comment: Harassing Letters - They Lie and Won't Remove You!

*Consumer Comment: Deceptive marketing = untrustworthy

*UPDATE Employee: Save Time and Money - All Information is Provided - Benefits Out-weigh Concerns

*Consumer Suggestion: And You Neglect To Tell Everyone

*UPDATE Employee: Offering a legitimate service, product & guarantee - Industry Leader in Compliance Materials

*UPDATE Employee: Offering A Service & Guarantee - Industry Leader in Compliance Materials

I received a notices stating LAST NOTICE - You must comply with the new 2006 Compliance requirements. Failure to do so may lead to government finds of up to $17,000.00 and/or employee lawsuits/audits for non-compliance. I have received several of these in the past. This company is selling U.S. Compliance posters, however, their notices lead you to believe that if you do not buy their product, your business will be fined and/or sued by employees.

Michele
Studio City, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2006 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Personnel-Concepts/Pomona-California-91767/Personnel-Concepts-PCI-Compliance-Service-Department-Fraudulent-letters-stating-that-a-178339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Personnel Concepts

Marketing: Perhaps Legal, But Not Ethical

AUTHOR: Nicetry! - ()

Rebuttal to Ben the Employee of Personnel Concepts:

FIRST CLUE: I am not now, nor have I ever been a business owner or had employees and yet I just received an IMPORTANT NOTICE from your company that looked like it's from the IRS.

Your marketing practices may be legal (I don't know if they are legal, nor do I care) but they are unethical in that the envelopes at least, mimic government envelopes used for income tax correspondence from the Internal Revenue Service.

As soon as I realized it wasn't from the IRS and Googled the business name before opening the envelope - that's how I ended up here.

The enclosed "invoice" is misleading since it's designed to look like an actual invoice, but is not an invoice.

LOL, nice touch with the pin holes on the side, but lose points for no perforation next to the strip as would be on a genuine invoice that's been printed on old school dot matrix pinfed machine.

LOL @ the yellow imitation customer "carbon copy".

In tiny, miniscule low contrast black typeface on dark blue background, it states "Our firm is a non-government publisher..."   and lower still "This is not an invoice. You are under no obliation to pay."

Your shady marketing practice is just that: shady. It's designed to intimdate, mislead and take advantage eager business owners who want to do the right thing and remain in complaince with all government laws.

Shame on you.

Misleading posters

AUTHOR: Michele - ()

I wrote the original rip off report.  I still get letters from them stating I am violation for not buying their posters.

The posters and guidelines are available, free, from the appropriate government agency.

like you, the back side of my paper was blank.  Truly misleading.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

personnel concecpts

AUTHOR: lee - ()

I got this notice today..So this is a scam,wow i  usually  get phone calls not letters...Buy a poster to be compliant or get a fine of 17grand...That sounds far fetch to me..

Legal however unethical in ways you represent your product

AUTHOR: Fight4Right - (United States of America)

Legal however unethical in ways you represent your product.
My Niece, who revently immigrated and brought 100's of thousands from her country to the USA to open her business was easily fooled, your information is so blantantly misleading that at first look
I was misled,  I am natural born US Citizen, very educated.
I would be very surprised if any who purchased your materials were not fooled, and with the range of direct mail advertising your company undoubtly makes millions from this scam.

Harassing Letters - They Lie and Won't Remove You!

AUTHOR: JBaba123 - (USA)

I have called Personal Concepts on 5 occasions in the last 3 years (all documented). I have repeatedly asked nicely to have my "CLOSED" company name removed from their "Threatening" and "Mis-leading" mailers. Each time I called I CLEARLY told them my company is CLOSED and is NO LONGER in business, they tell me they will remove me from their database and the ask me to wait 6 to 8 weeks (2 months) for the mailers to stop harassing me.

I don't understand why they lie to me and tell me they will remove me when in fact they NEVER remove me. It is 3 YEARS now since my company closed and for 3 years now that I have asked them to stop sending me these annoying notices but yet they keep coming. 5 months ago I spoke to "Carl" and he SWORE to me that I would be removed and I would never get another letter from them AFTER 8 weeks.... I waited the 8 weeks and the mailers just kept coming.. I have a pile of them here.

Today I spoke to a "Luis" and he also told me that it would stop and he continued to explain to me that they made database changes about 5 months ago and that is why I am still on their list. He also explained to me that he sees 2 accounts for me in their system. Little did he know that I have a recorded conversation from "Carl" 5 months ago telling me the EXACT same thing about 2 accounts. So it seems to me that this is their story they use. I also informed "Luis" that I was also recording the conversation as well.

I have decided to wait the 6 to 8 weeks once again, but this time I just called my attorney and asked him to send them a strong letter letting them know I am going to sue them for Harassment if I receive one more mailer after April 1st, 2012. My lawyer told me that if they continue it "could" be considered a federal offense because they are using US MAIL (government mail box) to harass me.

I would STRONGLY suggest you use another company because these guys will NEVER let your name out of their system. AND reading the posts above, you CAN get the Notices for FREE so there is no point even getting involved with these guys at all.

If you really want to pay for something you can get for free... just call me.. I'm selling AIR real cheap !

Deceptive marketing = untrustworthy

AUTHOR: NoBS - (USA)

How about this?
"If one chooses, they may read only one side of the mailer received, but it's recommended they read both sides. On the back side of every mailer titled FINAL NOTICE (and several other titles)"

That's funny I am looking at yet another update notice from Personnel Concepts and guess what? Strange, I see only a blank page on the back, and no mention that these materials are available online from each of the specific agency's. They are trying to sell information that is available for free, with a little research. If they were confident in there products they would tell you that.

If they simply supplied these free materials condensed into one or two posters that would be great. I would continue to be a customer. However they use scare tactics and very a questionable "marketing" strategy.

Any company that has to resort to threats to sell a product($17000 fine or else, final notice or the compliance police will come calling, or send mailers that intend to make you think that it is an official document that must be paid or else), in my opinion can not be trusted, or supported.

They may or may not have a good product but they have lost me as a customer with this sleazy low life marketing. If they indeed have such valuable products and services they would never need to stoop to such practices as other schemers on the Internet. Just makes you question if they are trustworthy or not, I say not.

Once they loose enough customers they will change the deceptive marketing strategy that they currently employ.

I don't care how long it takes me to research these materials, I will NEVER do business with this company again while they employ these tactics. I tell everyone I know to avoid Personnel Concepts like the plague for the reasons stated above.

When they change, I will update my opinion, until then, no money or positive review for them!

Save Time and Money - All Information is Provided - Benefits Out-weigh Concerns

AUTHOR: Employee - (U.S.A.)

Personnel Concepts has always informed consumers the posters they advertise are available from the government for free. If one chooses, they may read only one side of the mailer received, but it's recommended they read both sides. On the back side of every mailer titled FINAL NOTICE (and several other titles) on the front side, there are nine benefits of the labor law posters Personnel Concepts provides. Below that section a disclaimer is provided:

"AIO Acquistion, Inc. (dba Personnel Concepts) is a non-government compliance firm and a wholly owned subsidiary of AIO Holding Inc.

Our All-On-One compliance systems, Membership Subscription Service, and Space Saver All-On-One posters are copyrighted material. Notices are available free from the government; we do not sell or provide individual government posters...."

The message conveyed by these mailings informs a consumer if they are not posting all of the state, federal, and osha posters, SPECIFIC as to the needs of their business then they can be subject to those fines and lawsuits.

Personnel Concepts offers a product and a service. While most consumers feel they are in compliance with their state's laws and osha requirements several are not. Instead of spending lots of time contacting every agency, and speaking to someone at that agency who is not trained in your company's specific needs, Personnel Concepts provides you this research in a quick, time saving format. In addition, as mandatory changes occur, Personnel Concepts will contact your business year around, whereas government agencies will not. It is the responsibility of the business to be in compliance, and the government will not do your work.

Personnel Concepts does not advertise non-mandatory government compliance changes or requirements. We advertise only mandatory compliance changes or products that offer solutions or tools that will aid a business in meeting compliance needs as written and required in law.

If a consumer wishes not to receive mail or any advertisement from Personnel Concepts they should contact us directly at 800-333-3795, select option 2 and inform a customer service representative.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

And You Neglect To Tell Everyone

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

The posters you are selling are free from the government agencies involved. Some can be printed directly from the agency website and others must be ordered by phone or mail, but they are free. If you aren't certain which posters your business requires, contact OSHA, the Department of Labor, etc., Federal and State level.

AUTHOR: Ben - (U.S.A.)

Our business nor our services and products are fruadulent. In fact, all of our products are attorney reviewed and the text of the laws are quoted directly from the laws upheld by the Department of Labor. Employers in all states are required to post their state and federal labor laws when they have employees on payroll. Busniesses are not required to purchase these materials from our company but they must obtain them from somewhere. We simply offer all of the required notices/laws in a convenient patented All-on-one Space Saver poster. We also offer a notification service that advises employers of mandatory posting revisions/requirements.

For more information please visit our web site: www.PersonnelConcepts.com

For questions regarding the legality of our materials please contact us at research@personnelconcepts.com

Offering A Service & Guarantee - Industry Leader in Compliance Materials