breathing

• Submitted: Thu, February 09, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, April 29, 2006

• Reported By:Wailuku Hawaii
Sears
P.O.Box818017 Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Sears/ Cit Bank Failure to honor Credit Protection Plan Cleveland Ohio

*Author of original report: Sears, Potential resolution

Since I am the POA caring for my mother who suffers from alzheimers. I had requested that Sears/Citi Bank honor their commitment to the insurance contract. They have refused and I have recieved several threathening phone calls from a representative of Citi Bank and now they have refered the account to a collection agency.

They do not realize that they are dealing with a former law enforcement officer here.

Anyway I did some research. I discovered that my mom and dad have paid Sears, even before they were involved with Citi Bank for Credit protection and average of $43.50 per month for more than 20 years. My dad passed away many years ago.

I sent an letter to Sears, dated 08-08-2005 notifying them of my past attempts to resolve the matter since my mom was diagnosed with AD in 2002 when I closed the account and requested that the insurance they called credit protection be honored. Problem is these were all telephone and not written correspondence. All I get is threats and inaction. I have since informed the collection agency and Sears in a letter dated 02-03-2006 that I intend to bring both Civil and Criminal Action against them as they are in violation of and contrary to HRS 708-873 fraud and HRS 708-830 theft. Only time will tell if David will slay the Giant.

Lawrence
Wailuku, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2006 11:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Cleveland-Ohio-44181-8017/Sears-Cit-Bank-Failure-to-honor-Credit-Protection-Plan-Cleveland-Ohio-175628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears

Sears, Potential resolution

AUTHOR: Lawrence - (U.S.A.)

Having filed my letters of objection with the insurers, Sears and the collection agencies. Then quoting case law, ie: HRS 708-800, definitions of terms in this chapter. I no longer recieve threathening phone calls or letters. My reccommendation to others is that you contact your state regulatory agency, file a complaint and let your case be heard. If you do not speak out for yourself, the harassment will continue.Charles in Honokaa. Contact Hawaii DCCA, and file a complaint.