Complaint Review: Starbucks

• Submitted: Mon, June 01, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 03, 2009

• Reported By:Beaverton Ohio
Starbucks
Portland Airport ,PDX Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

Starbucks I was Billed 8 times for the same transaction Portland Oregon

*Consumer Comment: I'm glad this worked out for you...

*Author of original report: Starbucks finally attempts resolution

Upon reviewing by bank statement online, I discovered 6 current and 2 pending withdrawals by Starbucks for the SAME transaction, a Double Latte and Lemon Pound Cake. I called the bank Saturday, and lo and behold they already had a statement from Starbucks noting the problem and ensuring me the funds should have been returned by Friday.

So what did I get? ONE refund of the $4.65, leaving only about $30 due to me. It may be a small amount, but the scope of the Rip-Off is staggering. I was informed that this problem occured in Starbuck's computer system and could affect anyone using a Debit/Credit card at their stores.

Apparently, if you do not check, you will not get fully re-imbursed, meaning Starbuck's pockets the rest. Nice 'accident', sounds like wire fraud to me. Customer service said they would forward my info to whatever computer department created this mess, but asked no summary of what charges I was disputing and they were very vague about how this would be corrected. Should I be unable to resist that yummy Lemon Pound cake, I will be paying CASH.

Greg
Beaverton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2009 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Starbucks/Portland-Oregon/Starbucks-I-was-Billed-8-times-for-the-same-transaction-Portland-Oregon-457259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Starbucks

I'm glad this worked out for you...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

but why would need the bank or the store to tell you how many transactions were valid? Do you honestly not know how many purchases you made at the store?

Starbucks finally attempts resolution

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

OK, sooo after my third dialy phone call with Tier 1 support at Starbucks when I finally got smart and asked to speak with a supervisor someone who actually could help me with my problem got on the line.

All I wanted from the start was someone to go through the charges on my account and explain which were valid and which were actually due to their computer glitch. Thankfully that is finally being done and I am even getting calls back!

Turns out there are only 1-3 suspicious transactions, (yes there was a problem with anyone using credit/debit on 5/22) and I don't have to worry now whether Starbuck's computers are continuing to run amok in my bank account.

Lesson: Be vigilant and persistent