Complaint Review: T Mobile

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 30, 2009

• Reported By:St Petersburg Florida
T Mobile
6732 Tyrone Square #274 St Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

T Mobile One Last Heist By T Mobile St Petersburg Florida

*UPDATE Employee: cancellation policy

*Consumer Comment: Maybe

The continued harassment by T Mobile still is hard to believe. Due to the regular bills to my address and the company's refusal to listen, I have returned each one unopened. Now, seeing the deluge of complaints against T Mobile, I am suspicious there is a law on their side which protects the criminal corporation and may put me at risk.

I had renewed contracts with T Mobile for 8 years with no problem and not one late payment (4 cell phones for much of this time). When I finished my last contract, I went to their store to close my account and made the final payment. I wasn't aware that there would be one final heist --a bill almost as large as the final one I just paid.

Maybe 8 days later, friends called me on my new phone, telling me that they were able to leave a message on my old T Mobile number. TM had let my contract continue, and I felt the final bill of 80 dollars reflected a padding of charges. Relating this to a supervisor and arguing for a long while, the sup. agreed to reduce the final charge to just over 10 dollars.

Immediately, I mailed a check out and wrote on the bottom-per supervisors conversation. My check was accepted and then the bills for 80 dollars have continued ever since with no acknowledgement of any understanding or mistakes on their part.

Is any more than my AAA credit rating at risk??

Atun
St Petersburg, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 01:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/St-Petersburg-Florida-33710/T-Mobile-One-Last-Heist-By-T-Mobile-St-Petersburg-Florida-455633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T Mobile

cancellation policy

AUTHOR: Lala - (U.S.A.)

cancellations are ONLY handled over the phone. not at a store or online. and since t-mobile bills a month behind, you will always get 1 final bill after the cancellation. this is because we bill in 30 day cycles. meaning you use the service for 30 days (because we can't predict usage min, overages, downloads, etc) and then the bill for that usage will be due the following month. so say your cycle starts on the 8th of each month (lets say march) and ends the 7th of the following month (april) and what us used between those days would be billed and due in may. if not a full bill cycle then your final bill would be prorated. next time, with any cell carrier, call customer service to cancel the service.

Maybe

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

they could, in theory, report you to all the credit agencies and potentially turn yuo over to debt collectors and try for a judgement against you.

I would start keep meticulous records of all your conversations with them. Including yoru cancellation notice and the record of your 10$ payoff.

When they report you, dispute the claim on your credit and dispute it with any bill collector they turn you over to.