Complaint Review: TracFone Wireless, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, October 14, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By: Ingrid — Tallahassee Florida USA
TracFone Wireless, Inc.
9700 NW 112th Avenue Miami, Florida United States of America

TracFone Wireless, Inc. Fredrick J. POLLAK, President & CEO Scam or Rip Off by TracFone Wirless, Inc. Miami, Florida

*Consumer Comment: straight talk & simple mobile are both ripoffs

*Consumer Comment: trac phone poor service

*Consumer Suggestion: You need therapy

*Consumer Comment: Calm Down

On 10/07/2011 placed online web site order # 4103037 for item T105G w/double minutes for life FREE for a total of $15.69 and received an e-mail order confirmation for this order and the charge of $15.69.  On 10/11/2011 TracFone charged my account again the amount of $16.06 which is an unauthorized charge.  I contacted Customer Service and the Corporate Office by telephone and numerous e-mails to request or demand that a RELEASE TO HOLD AUTHORIZATION be faxed to my bank in the AM on 10/12/2011 at 8:32 am with KATE in Refunds for which I was given a case # 104 004 5212.  I was never sent any reply or response to date.  I also filed an online web site contact form (KMM13116372V14506L0KM) which I sent as an attachment to my first e-mail to the Corporate Office and Customer Service.

These people apparently do not understand the English language as everyone I have encountered to date is of Spanish origin.  I also threatened to file a complaint with the BBB if the request was not honored.  The unauthorized charge of $16.06 hard posted to my account on 10/12/2011 and there is still a pending charge for $15.69 on my account as when I called the Corporate Office on 10/13/2011 at 8:40 am I spoke with ANDRES who told me TracFone was working on the release at 4:30 pm on 10/12/2011 and that it would take at least another 24 to 48 hours to process?  I told ANDRES that this is not at all acceptable to me because had KATE faxed the RELEASE TO HOLD AUTHORIZATION as I clearly requested in the AM on 10/12/2011 my bank would have released the hold that day.  Now not only did the unauthorized charge hard post TracFone has failed to get the matter resolved correctly.  I told ANDRES the TracFone was being returned and I wanted my account terminated, canceled and closed and I do not operate this way.

I was a brand new Customer to TracFone and I got scammed or ripped off on my very first order for one (1) tracfone (SAMSUNG) T105G.  I placed both charges into DISPUTE with my bank, had my account card BLOCKED and returned the tracfone in the original carton it came in with all necessary documentation along with a copy of an e-mail informing the Corporate Office and Customer Service that it was coming back by fedex tracking number 942727615043068 which tracfone will receive no later than 10/17/2011 with a signature required at delivery.  Now TracFone can argue with my bank as I have filed a FRAUDULENT/UNAUTHORIZED claim with my bank on 10/13/2011.

I am also filing this report to notify other Consumers not to go to TracFone because their Customer Service is lousy and everyone their apparently can not understand, comprehend or speak English clearly enough to address and resolve the issue and problem.  I think TracFone does this type of scam or rip off on a regular basis.  I also called Customer Service on 10/13/2011 at (800) 323-2366 and had the TracFone DEACTIVATED and my account supposedly CLOSED?!  I told TracFone not to bother contacting me as this was being handled by my bank.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2011 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TracFone-Wireless-Inc/Miami-Florida-33178/TracFone-Wireless-Inc-Fredrick-J-POLLAK-President-CEO-Scam-or-Rip-Off-by-TracFone-Wi-788692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TracFone Wireless, Inc.

straight talk & simple mobile are both ripoffs

AUTHOR: Mike - (United States of America)

all the customer service calls are outsourced. i could not understand one word they said and the connection was bad too. why is american money spend overseas? i just don't get it. so that explains the lousy customer service. if any company outsources. i am done with them! their service sucks real bad too. i am not sure who i will be using but definitely not any company that mr pollack is attached too.

trac phone poor service

AUTHOR: twonoturmp - (United States of America)

i agree trac phone has poor service   whether it's 37 cents or 37 thousand dollars

they are tough to deal with

#3 Consumer Suggestion

You need therapy

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

I think you have some kind of paranoid schizophrenia.  Normal people don't freak out over 37 cents in sales tax, or a $15 debit card hold that takes an extra week to go away.

Calm Down

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

While you may have a valid complaint, you have basically jumped the gun and probably need to take a few deep breaths and a couple of steps back.

As for the extra $0.37, did you ask them why the difference?  Perhaps there was an adjustment on a shipping charge or extra tax they didn't include.  If you want to call it a RipOff, isn't it a good idea to actually see what the RipOff might be?

You had an HOLD placed on your account for $15.69, they then posted the actual debit of $16.06.   Under normal circumstances the hold is released at the same time the actual debit is posted so you never see this happening.  In this case, for some unknown reason, it didn't in this case.

If you monitored your account with this detail over a period of time you would see this happening more than you probably think.  Pay at the Pump gas stations are one of the more usual examples of this.

I am not sure exactly what scam you think TracFone is running.  Because if the money is just being held they don't have access to it either.  So they are not on some spending spree with your $15.69, or counting the pennies they would have earned from the Interest.   In fact if you want any pleasure in this, you have probably cost them more than the $15 in labor with you calling them because the hold wasn't released.  And again unless they are somehow keeping that extra $0.37 they aren't making any money off of the adjusted amount.

So if it is a scam they aren't very good at it.