Complaint Review: ARA. inc

• Updated: Sat, September 14, 2013

• Reported By: mmirembe — 125 williams ave Massachusetts
ARA. inc
P.O Box 5002 Villa park, Illinois USA

ARA. inc Asset Recovery Associates, inc IS A RIP OFF, NOT REGISTERED IN MASSACHUSETTS, THREATENS TO TAKE INDIVIDUAL PROPERTY Villa park Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Talk to the right people and A.R.A will have second thoughts about contacting you ever again

ARA. INC called me in january, about a debt from core credit company with a balance of 2,154.44, i disputed the debt but the person who called me insisted that i settle the debt for 1,206.23. I requested the person to take the matter to court but he refused.

I have never owned a credit card from Core, Core has never reported anything on my credit report, and have never heard about Core credit card services in my life.

On january 23, 2013 Sandra Washington ( collection manager) sent me a demand note, I disputed the debt on 1/31/13. This company continued calling me threatening to come and take my car, pulled my credit and thereafter 4 companies did, and a credit card was issued by bank one.

On august 22, 2013 they sent me another demand letter by Mark Farmer, I reported the issue to Division of Banks in MA and I just received a letter from Division of Banks stating this company is not registered in Massachusetts and need to stop it acitivities immidiately.

Be aware of this agency as it has made me spend money on credit monitoring services, kept me in fear of buying my own house for almost a year, and has no basis for demanding any money from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2013 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ARA-inc/Villa-park-Illinois-60181/ARA-inc-Asset-Recovery-Associates-inc-IS-A-RIP-OFF-NOT-REGISTERED-IN-MASSACHUSETTS-TH-1084544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ARA. inc

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Neveragain - ()

Hi, I recently had a very similar experience with A.R.A, with the calls and the threats of wage garnishments and such from a Bank of America account they claimed was mine. I had an account with BoA 15 years ago at least, this phone call from Tammy Blomberg informed me that I owed $13,350.78, $7000 of which was interest. The account number listed on their email looked as if it were an old credit card number and I never had a credit card with BoA.

They had me believing that I owed this money and I even was stupid enough to give them my debit card number to pay a settled amount of $2600. Afterwards I thought about it, I did research and I called an attorney in my local area by the name of Robert Peters, he in turn contacted a business associate, another attorney in Illinois by the name of Michael Agruss. Michael and I spoke about the harrassment and the threats, he had me consent to retain his services at no charge and I agreed. In one email to A.R.A from Mr. Agruss A.R.A stopped any payments to be taken from my account plus they pulled my information from there system.

There are laws that protect consumers from scams like this from collection agencies, you just have to look for help. In some instances you can have money awarded to you from these collection agencies for violating the collection laws.

Mr. Agruss's toll free number in Illinois is: 888-572-0176.