Complaint Review: Kay Jewelers

• Updated: Mon, November 01, 2010

• Reported By: Mr. Oak — United States of America
Kay Jewelers
375 Ghent Road Akron, Ohio United States of America

Kay Jewelers Kay Kay.com Sterling Jewelers Inc Credit account randomly canceled, company would not give an explanation Akron, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Pull your credit report

I've been a Kay customer for a couple of years now, and have always purchased items for special occasions with them on credit and paid the credit account off.  I've always had good customer service with them, and haven't had a problem with them at all, until recently.

I went into the Kay location in my local mall and everything was going fine until they went to ring up my transaction, and their corporate phoned them while the screen said "awaiting ACS" or something (weird I know) and informed them that my card was to be canceled.  They would not offer an explanation, only "here is our customer service number" and handed me a piece of paper.  I called their line that they gave me, and the employee there had no idea, they pulled up my credit account and informed me that I had my full balance available.

I then asked to be transferred to their financial department for an explanation, but the employee informed me that "they don't talk to customers."

At that point I went home, went online, and cancelled my credit account, which was still open despite the store and customer support, and vowed to take my business elsewhere, despite up until then receiving stellar service both over the phone and at their stores.

After looking around online I was surprised to find similar items that I was going to purchase from on-line retailers for sometimes 25% of what Kay was charging, so there was a happy ending to this story.

Any way, don't be surprised if you're a loyal Kay customer and they randomly cancel your credit account one day and can't offer an explanation as to why.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2010 10:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kay-Jewelers/Akron-Ohio-44333/Kay-Jewelers-Kay-Kaycom-Sterling-Jewelers-Inc-Credit-account-randomly-canceled-company-w-657172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kay Jewelers

Pull your credit report

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (United States of America)

As a precaution, you might want to pull your credit report to see if something has been put on your report of which you are not aware. The creditors monitor your reports regularly (a soft pull that does not affect your score).  There may be an erroneous entry by another creditor that caused Kay to cancel the account. Error's happen all the time at the CRA's and you would not be aware of it unless you pulled your cr report for review.

Having said that, at least you now know that you can get a better deal elsewhere!

tended