Complaint Review: Kay Jewelers

• Submitted: Sun, July 08, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 21, 2008

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Kay Jewelers
Shenango Valley Mall 3345 E. State St Apc 850 Hermitage, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Kay Jewelers SOLD ME A FAKE DIAMOND Hermitage Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Wow...

I purchased a diamond engagement ring from Kay's on 6/16/07. I went to get it cleaned at a Kay's in a different state, they tested my diamond and found out it was fake. I just found out today and just wanted to spread the word. I don't know if they will help me or not as my issue with them just started 3 hours ago. But I purchased the LEO cut diamond 1ct for $6499.00. Everyone Beware and make sure you are getting a real diamond. It is horrible to get down on one knee and propose to the woman you love with a fake diamond. If anyone else has had this happen to them please contact me.

Justin
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2007 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kay-Jewelers/Hermitage-Pennsylvania-16148-3302/Kay-Jewelers-SOLD-ME-A-FAKE-DIAMOND-Hermitage-Pennsylvania-259478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kay Jewelers

Wow...

AUTHOR: Manarochelle - (U.S.A.)

I actually work for a Kay about 20 miles from where you bought your ring, and I remember getting the phone call and countless emails from our district manager on this matter. I felt terrrrrible that this happened! The only thing I wanted to clear up is that at the time this happened we were having CZ switches like never before and that's what happened in your case... they didn't catch it and had a CZ in the case without even knowing it. It's protocol to diamond test all diamonds 1/2ct and above when taking them out of the case and putting them back in and this particular store didn't do either. Once again, I am so very sorry but please understand it wasn't intentional.