Report: #722078

P.O. Box 5002
    Villa Park, Illinois
    United States of America

ARA, Inc ARA falsely claiming fake debt. Villa Park, Illinois

I received a collections letter from ARA, Inc several months ago. It stated that I owed them a debt that was sold to them from Wells Fargo. I told the person that this should have been written off a long time ago and that the debt was indeed found not to be mine. They said that there is no time frame for debt to go away and that I had to either set up payments or they were going to take me to court.

Reluctantly I agreed, not knowing any better. They told me that they would automatically debit my account each month on the 15th. When they started taking out payments it was coming out on different days than the 15th. I contacted Wells Fargo and their collections department. There is NO account with them nor are they pursuing me for money. They advised me that this is probably a scam and to put a stop on it right away.

If these people contact you, DO NOT give them any money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2011 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ara-inc/villa-park-illinois-60181/ara-inc-ara-falsely-claiming-fake-debt-villa-park-illinois-722078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content