Complaint Review: ArchiveFee

Internet
    United States of America

ArchiveFee MyFeePlan.com Scam ... avoid! Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer Service

Ordered a search of public records for death information concerning a friend. The fee for the report was clearly indicated as $1.00, which I agreed to. Several min wait ensued while the site supposedly "searched databases" and I was finally notified that the report was ready. had to provide personal information (address, credit card number) to open an account. No report was provided, and I immediately discovered that my bank account had been charged not only $1.00, but also $19.95 for the first of 10 recurring monthly charges!! I called the company to complain, dispute the charges etc. Was told that the charges would all be voided, and was given a confirmation number. I then called my bank, and was told that the it would be three days until I could determine if the pending authorizations for the charges of $1.00 and $19.95 would be removed or not. We will see. My experience with this company very similar to other reports. It's a very deceptive company. They have a lot of bogus and non-functional computer screens they throw at you to distract you when they fail to provide the report, and attempt to repetitively charge your credit card. I think their business model must be that some people will give up, not complain, and eat the recurring charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/archivefee/internet/archivefee-myfeeplancom-scam-avoid-internet-998379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer Service

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear Joe,

I apologize for any inconveniences. I would like to help you out by offering a refund of our services. Please email josh@archivefee.com and I will be able to assist you in anything else you need.

Josh F.