Complaint Review: BB&T - Branch Banking & Trust

• Submitted: Mon, February 01, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, February 01, 2010
  • Reported By: Melinda — fredeicksburg Virginia U.S.A.
  • BB&T - Branch Banking & Trust
    plank rd
    fredericksburg, Virginia
    United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

BB&T - Branch Banking & Trust fraudulent fees and practices in fredericksburg, Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: Law suit information

BB&T charged me $210.00 in bank fees that snow balled from an over-draft of $1.06..yes one dollar and six cents. So they say! my records show that I had a positive balance as well as I always round-up.

BB&t did not send me any notices for over a week, by this time 6 fees at $35.00 a piece had been taken from my account. I went to talk to them and the cs rep said that she was making a online request for a refund of my fees and that it was denied.

I have never heard of this before. Doesn't a live person in this bank make these decisions. No reason was given to me for the denial as well as I have never over drawn my account before! As well as this was their fault.

The CS rep also told me that their new corporate manager denies all requests and if we were to submit my request to her she would just close my account and report the reason for it as Account Abuse! She said this woman has never returned fees..and has done this to all of the customers who have asked for fee's to be refunded. I will not allow her to close my account. God knows what will happen to the money in my account. I will close it on Monday as well as I have joined a class-action lawsuit against BB&t...criminals, thieves! I am considering not banking anywhere until the new laws to protect consumers have gone into effect.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2010 12:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bbt-branch-banking-trust/fredericksburg-virginia-22407/bbt-branch-banking-trust-fraudulent-fees-and-practices-in-fredericksburg-virginia-562871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Law suit information

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Kindly post the complete docket/case number and the complete name of the court that your class action suit is filed with.