Complaint Review: Bongo US

315 Seaview Ave
    Bridgeport, Connecticut
    USA

Bongo US Holds your mail hostage for an upgrade Bridgeport Connecticut

I signed up for mail forwarding for my small business. Once they received some first class mail for me, I tried to have it forwarded. I was told that they would not forward domestically (within the US) without upgrading for a minimum of three months to the "advantage plan" at $15/month. Then, I would need to pay $16 for the actual shipment.

This required "upgrade" is not mentioned in any of the web site documentation, or in any of the sign-up forms.  Basically, they get your mail, then they hold it hostage.

This is actually called "first class mail detention" by the US Postal Service (if the mail is first class mail, which mine is) and considered fraud by the USPS.

I have filled a complaint with the US Postal Inspectors, and suggest that anyone else caught this way do so as well. You can do so at:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bongo-us/bridgeport-connecticut-06607/bongo-us-holds-your-mail-hostage-for-an-upgrade-bridgeport-connecticut-1056896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content