Complaint Review: Care Credit - GE Money Bank

• Care Credit - GE Money Bank
    8930 Stanford Blvd
    Internet
    United States of America

Care Credit - GE Money Bank G E Money Bank Doubled Interest Rate, Added Insurance I did not need. Falsely advertised interest rate Internet

Brochure at providers office state 11.9 % interest.  Actual voucher on back was for 13.9%.  Care Credit stated they had not had 11.9% for 2 years, but provider stated that was the brochure that was sent to them and they had only been in business for 2 years.

After 6 months of automatic debiting from my account with no problems, I receive a letter stating that due to recent credit report, they are raising my interest rate to 29.9%.

When I contacted them about this, i was told the credit bar had been raised and now I was a high risk.

Also, added insurance without my knowledge at nearly $80 per month which I did not need or ask for.   They have promised to refund that to me.  We'll see.

I paid the loan off, but of course, I missed the finance cycle and had to pay an additional $68 in finance charges.

I did so just to be done with them.  I felt so violated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2009 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/care-credit-ge-money-bank/internet/care-credit-ge-money-bank-g-e-money-bank-doubled-interest-rate-added-insurance-i-did-no-525257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content