Complaint Review: DriveTime

• Reported By: Las Vegas Nevada
  • DriveTime
    3333 Fremont Street
    Las Vegas, Nevada

DriveTime - Ugly Duckling Is A SCAM DriveTime AKA Ugly Duckling Rips Off Consumers, DriveTime Selling Lemons Las Vegas Nevada

A person I worked for advised me to go to this DriveTime to get a car. His Truck which he was buying from DriveTime caught on fire due to an electrical problem about a month ago. Anyway, I called and was told for $500 I could get a car. Ok, so I went down their and the first thing is the nonsense game they play when you get there.

DriveTime pretends your credit is so bad. Mine was good enough to buy a house but according to Drivetime I needed to double my downpayment to get approved. Ok, so I went and looked at their cars. Most I could see right off were not right but I did pick one and after more of their nonsense sales game I bought it.

LIE NUMBER ONE)
I told DriveTime I wanted to make monthly payments because Drivetime came to me with a payment plan that was Bi-weekly on every payday. I was told oh its ok just call in and we will change it later. It took three months of calls and a threatened lawsuit to change my payments to a once a month payment.

The next thing they do is sell Lemon cars. My car has had various electrical problems too. Like the power window malfunctioning and other issues. Well, my friend bought a car the same time I did and his car caught on fire about three weeks ago from an electrical problem. A few days later is when Johns truck caught on fire from an electrical problem. This company is knowingly selling dangerous, poorly maintained vehicles and its just a matter of time before some consumer is seriously injured or killed.

LIE NUMBER TWO)
These people have no customer service whatsoever. Infact if you are five minutes late with a payment that have an entire department that will call you non stop harassing you about their payments.

As soon as I can trade this vehicle in I will and I will NEVER do business with this firm again.

Sparrow
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2008 02:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/drivetime/las-vegas-nevada-89104/drivetime-ugly-duckling-is-a-scam-drivetime-aka-ugly-duckling-rips-off-consumers-drivet-344377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content