Complaint Review: HSBC Mortgage Services

• Updated: Fri, January 25, 2008
  • Reported By: Norwich Connecticut
  • HSBC Mortgage Services

Brandon, Florida

HSBC Mortgage Services Mortgage Insurance Denied, then they want me to buy more! Brandon Florida

In September 2007 I contacted HSBC Mortgage services to invoke my mortgage insurance on a $30,000 2nd mortgage. Having just lost two jobs, I had only the unemployment checks coming in and should have easily qualified for the insurance payments for six months. Wrong! They denied my claim with no reason given. I told them plainly that unless this were to be resolved I would follow up with them later and planned to follow up with both the Ripoff Report and an attorney.

Well now it's January 2008 and nothing but harrassing phone calls have been received on a daily basis. I don't answer them; they have only in the past few days identified themselves on Caller ID. They claimed when spoken to that 'they can't ID themselves due to 'laws'. What laws? Apparently they finally got the message that I will never pick up the phone when proper protocol on asking for return messages are adhered; that means, name, name of company, phone call and nature of call. Not followed, no call returned. Period.

With all the inferences here of scam, corruption and denial by HSBC Mortgage services, isn't it time for a class action pursuit? Please advise.

Bill
Norwich, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2008 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hsbc-mortgage-services/brandon-florida-33509/hsbc-mortgage-services-mortgage-insurance-denied-then-they-want-me-to-buy-more-brandon-f-303314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content