Complaint Review: PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE

• PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE

COLUMBUS, Ohio
    USA

PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE MISLEADS CUSTOMERS COLUMBUS Ohio

I want to let peolpe know that progressive insurance will outright lie to customers. My son in law is insured there. He had a break down in his car and needed to borrow my car. I had him call the company to make sure he would be insured driving my car. They assured him his coverages would carry over to anything he drives with permission. I also called my own agent (different company) Who told me My insurance would also cover the car. Well A couple days later he has a fender bender.

Not a bad wreck 2,000 in damage. But when he called the insurance company all he got was a run a round. It took a couple weeks for a real response.Then They called me and wanted all my insurance info. We went over what he was told about progressive covering him. They pretty much ignored it. They actually called my insurance company and gave them all the accident info and started a claim. Now the crap part is the accident will go against my insurance and will probably result in a rate increase for me. It isnt all settled yet.

My insurance agent said they may try to collect from progressive she wasn't sure. The whole point of this to me is the initial deception of whether he was covered or not. They also (progressive) has been awful to talk to anyone live. Nobody answers a phone or returns calls in a timely manner. I wanted people to know what they have to look forward to if they have a issue with progressive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2014 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/progressive-insurance/columbus-ohio-43207/progressive-insurance-progressive-insurance-misleads-customers-columbus-ohio-1114738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content