Complaint Review: Publish America

• Reported By: Coach — Bridgewater South Dakota United States of America
  • Publish America

Frederick, Maryland
    United States of America

Publish America Threatened me that I will not take action against them, false advertising, false statements concerning marketing they are supposed to be doing with this book of mine. Frederick, Maryland

I trusted Publish America to handle my book. They published it as of 12-28-12. They were supposed to send press releases in which they contend they have but I have not heard one thing from my newspapers where I live nor from any friends who were supposed to have had the press releases also.
And, as of last weekend, my sister ordered my book on Amazon.com from my publisher Publish America and found that my book was listed under a different pen name. When I made a formal complaint with these clowns they told me (I will not do this again, I will not threaten again, and I will not sue them.) They told me if I send in another complaint to them they will delate my messages. They made a point to let me know, "Do I understand them!!!"

I feel that I am hopeless with this publisher. I want to get this book marketed and to do book signings. This may be the perfect wolf hiding in sheep's clothing outfit that I suckered into. The book I wrote is professional and well done and deserves to be successful, but I think they are trying to rip me off and hurt instead of helping me. I see all based on their possible lies and blasting me and I am the author of my book. Please assist.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/publish-america/frederick-maryland-21705/publish-america-threatened-me-that-i-will-not-take-action-against-them-false-advertising-1000770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content