Complaint Review: Sears

2266 University Square Mall
    Tampa, Florida
    United States of America

Sears Kenmore Dangerous problem with Kenmore Range Tampa, Florida

I purchased a Kenmore Range from Sears.  About a year later, when I opened the oven door, the door partially fell apart.  I found the Screws that had fallen out and I put the multi-part door back together.  I realized what the problem was: The screws that held the door together were too short.  I called Sears about the problem.

Long story short: The manager of the store said that I needed a service call and that I would have to pay for it.  I argued that the problem was a manufacturing defect and that they should repair it at no charge.  They did nothing to help me, not even send the proper size screws.

I periodically re-tighten the 4 screws on the door to make sure it does not fall apart.  This was a dangerous situation. Had the door fell apart during oven use with high temperatures, some one could easily have gotten a serious burn. Moral of story: Do not purchase Kenmore appliances.  Also, since the store manager of the local Sears would not intervene, I would hesitate to purchase anything at Sears.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2012 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sears/tampa-florida-/sears-kenmore-dangerous-problem-with-kenmore-range-tampa-florida-891014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content