Complaint Review: Side socket

Internet
    United States of America

Side socket STOP! Don't order from TV ADS! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Agree

This sounded like just what we needed. I went to the website, it looked official. I was ordering 2, on a buy one get one for additional postage and handling(7.95) They ask for payment info first, then keep asking how many you want along with offering other products. I put in I wanted 2. It went directly to the "thank you for your order" page and charged 4x what I thought I was ordering. $143.60!

I called the number and reached a surly woman that said it didn't show on her screen yet so there was nothing she could do. I was to keep going online to check my status. There, when it showed up I could cancel or edit my order. Wrong. Once it showed up there is no way to edit and it was a pending transaction at my bank and could not be canceled.

It says I can return the order when it comes but at my expense and they keep $64 for the P&H. This is crap, why can these companies do this and why do TV stations let them run a scam?

I have canceled my debit card so they can't sell my info to anyone or use my number again.

By the way, I found the same item on Amazon, free shipping.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 11:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/side-socket/internet/side-socket-stop-dont-order-from-tv-ads-internet-1021870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Agree

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

You would do well to never order anything from a TV commercial.  I think they are ALL ripoffs.  Their procedures should not be legal but apparently they are.