Complaint Review: Southwest Airlines

• Southwest Airlines
    P.O. Box 36649
    Dallas, Texas
    United States of America

Southwest Airlines Southwest refuses to refund even when there is a death or illness. Dallas, Texas

In March 2010, I flew to Chicago, IL to attend my little brother's wedding. They decided to elope due to my father being deathly ill and in the hospital, and the bride's mother was terminal. I booked tickets for my BFF and myself but when it came time to leave, her doctor would not clear her to fly due to a lung infection. I flew to Chicago on Thursday, flew back on Sunday, and the bride's mom passed away Monday morning after learning that her only daughter was finally married.

After making several phone calls and sending e-mails to Southwest explaining my situation, they are refusing to refund me the $155.40 I paid for the ticket. Instead, they are giving me a credit to use by January 2011!

Considering that this was only the 2nd time I have flown in 38 years, they are screwing me out of my money because I will never use that credit!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2010 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/southwest-airlines/dallas-texas-75235/southwest-airlines-southwest-refuses-to-refund-even-when-there-is-a-death-or-illness-dal-670916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content