Report: #1002015

10 Independence Boulevard
    Warren, New Jersey
    United States of America

T-Mobile dialup speeds are not mobile broadband 3G Warren, New Jersey

In the first week of December 2012, I purchased a Ovation MC760 Broadband2Go usb stick for $19.99.  On 12/3/12 I received the usb stick. I purchased the $55-5 gig month to month plan.  I tried to download a 14 meg file.  It took 30 minutes to download the file at an avg speed of 10kb a second.  When I surfed the internet I had to reload pages several times before they would load because the broadband device would keep disconnecting.  Virgin Mobile advertises this device as 3G broadband.  It only delivers dialup speeds.  $55 a month for dialup internet is ridiculous.  I called that night 12/3/12 at 10:30pm and spoke to Michael. I told him  I wanted a full refund. He stated that he would issue a $55 credit immediately.  He would also send a postage paid return envelope to return the device. Virgin Mobile would issue a refund by check in 4-6 weeks after receiving the device.  I never received my $55 credit.  Virgin Mobile never mailed me the postage paid return envelope.   I contacted my credit card and they agreed to reverse the two fraudulent charges from Virgin Mobile.

Verizon Wireless is the best wireless carrier. Unfortunately they are also the most expensive. Use Page Plus Cellular which runs on the Verizon network.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/t-mobile/warren-new-jersey-07059/t-mobile-dialup-speeds-are-not-mobile-broadband-3g-warren-new-jersey-1002015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content