Complaint Review: WESTERN SKY

• Reported By: DORIS — CROSSVILLE Tennessee
  • WESTERN SKY

ANAHEIM, California
    USA

WESTERN SKY CASH CALL BORROWED $2600 5/2012 - PAID BACK NOW THEY WANT ME TO CONTINUE TO PAY 4 MORE YEARS ANAHEIM California

*Consumer Comment: In answer to your question..

I filed a previous report on this Company in May, 2013.  I borrowed $2600 in May, 2012 and I thought I paid account in full, but when I finally was able to access my account, I owed close to $12,000.   I am retired and was making $294.00 monthly payment and was shocked to find out I was required to pay a total of $13,000 if I continued to make the payments.

I know there have been consumer complaints against this company.  Can anyone tell me where I can go to check to see if this Company is legal in TN to sue me?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 04:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/western-sky/anaheim-california/western-sky-cash-call-borrowed-2600-52012-paid-back-now-they-want-me-to-continue-to-p-1074374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

In answer to your question..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Can they sue you....YEP.  Will they sue you..?????

When you got the loan you agreed to certain terms and conditons.  These included the APR, your monthly payment, and how many payments you need to make.  Regardless of if you decided to read them or not..they were there and when you signed(either in person or electronically) you stated you have read and agree to the terms.

If you go to their web site you will see that for a $2600 loan you have the following

APR: 139.22%(yep very high..but again you agreed to it).

Monthly Payment: $294.46

Number of payments: 47..that is FOURTY SEVEN

You made a grand total of 12 payments...or 35 payments SHORT.  Becase of the high interest every missed(or even late) payment can add a huge amount of interest.  Where a year later it could be in the 12-13K range.

Now, if they sue you your best chance is to try and explain your situation to the judge.  If you get a sympathetic judge they may lower or just remove all of the interest.