Complaint Review: OmniTech Support | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ ..businesses you can trust. Commitment to customer satisfaction. Seamless protection with state of the art technology – that's what Omni Tech promises customers. Helped over 50,000 individual clients with technical support issues each year.

• Submitted: Tue, November 19, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, July 26, 2014

• Reported By: Jim — Cupertino California
Internet USA

OmniTech Support REVIEW: OmniTech Support executive team and employees are committed to customer satisfaction. Omni Tech Support’s goal is to be the leading online technical support company in regards to customer satisfaction, will go all lengths to achieve their goal. Los Angeles , Californa
*UPDATE: Omni Tech Support pledges their commitment to always improving their operations by joining Ripoff Report’s Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer by increasing their confidence when doing business with a member business. OmniTech Support recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to OmniTech Support for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Omni Tech Support have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. Omni Tech Support has worked hard to improve customer service to ensure that all clients will be satisfied with their online tech support plans and join the hundreds of thousands of customers that are satisfied with Omni Tech Support’s service. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Omni Tech Support listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.
Armstrong Steel is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Mark Haverman, Shiymy Bayer, and Dominque Porche-Goode during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Customer Focus Services.

Customer Focus Service’s (CFS) target market is anyone with a computer that is trying to use it primarily for work purposes that are having problems or issues needing to be resolved which stops them from being able to accomplish tasks. The company has been providing technical support for large corporations and companies. They feel they are very skilled at solving large issues as they have been in business for over 12 years. CFS states they have resolved close to half a million issues which provides their strong expertise and development of a deep knowledge base of issues that can be resolve over that period of time.

The typical experience that a customer may experience when working with CFS starts when the client calls in about a technical problem. The client will then explain the issue and CFS will describe how to fix the problem and how much it will cost. The company then sends the client an agreement of this term which is to be signed and sent back. From there, the company works with customers to fix problems. If for some reason CFS cannot fix the problem they will refund the customer’s money and tell them where the next best place to get the item fixed.

Most of the company’s advisement in products and services is handled in the sales department. They are trained to see symptoms and know what can be done to fix issues but are not trained to do them in that department. The sales department knows general things like if X is happening then Y would usually be the answer and they’ll recommend that. CFS has all the reps ask them if everything has been resolved during the course of working with the client. They take notes during the conversation and have the reps go through each point to ask them if there is anything else they can do. The company recently started sending out a survey to everyone after they have spoken with them. It is about 10-12 question survey asking all different aspects of their experience such as: How quickly was the issue resolved? Was the issue resolved to your satisfaction? How knowledgeable was the rep you spoke to? How would you rate them? Do you have any comments? The company states they are constantly asking the customer for feedback, what their thoughts are and what they want them to do. They ask the customer what they want and if it is in reason the company tries to accommodate the request.

Omni Tech Support has taken step to improve our customer service by hiring a team of expert customer service personal that work right here, with the CEO, in the corporate office. This enables us to see directly into what issues customers are bringing to our attention and we can roll out the necessary improvements and changes with moments notice, as the heads of the team work in the same office as the management.

In working with customers to make sure they understand their purchases, the company feels they have developed a pretty solid system. When the customer signs up, CFS sends them the terms of service and anything relevant to what they offer. Additionally, the company sends them an ecosign summarizing what they are paying for (the price, what is included, etc.) and the customer has to sign and send it back. After that is completed, the company will then work on their computer. The customer has to acknowledge they know what the company is doing and they agree with the charges.

Customer Focus Services wants to be able to cut the time it takes to resolve an issue. Mark Haverman stated, “Many times a customer’s computer is slow or there are issues with the computer speed or the Internet speed and we are constantly looking for ways to decrease the amount of time it takes to diagnose the issue and to resolve the issue. To that effect we are increasing our knowledge base to make sure that the agent tech support has the most current information about that issue and the fastest way to fix that. There’s still improvement to be made when our tech support is having trouble so instead of having a technician to sit there and try to work it out their self, we escalate it to a higher level much quicker. We’re investing in automated tools that will help fix the issues. There are a number of initiatives that we are in the process of that will reduce the amount of time it will take to resolve the issue. That is probably our number one thing that we need to do as an organization in order to provide a better level of service to our customers.”

The company states when resolving complaints it is taking too long to fix an issue. To remedy this, CFS basically focuses on the issue, is thorough and acts as quick as possible. They feel they actually have a knowledge base that lends to anytime anything is ever happened in any computer and was resolved successfully its added to their knowledge base. When a customer contacts the company they can discover what the problem is so that the lower tier technicians will look through the knowledge base and see what works to try first. The company is working to speed up their processes.

Dominque Porche-Goode recalled an instance of working with a customer stating. “We had somebody from Canada who we connected his computer but his computer was painfully slow so we couldn’t run scans. We had him send his computer to us and we paid for his shipping. We tried to fix his computer here but it was so badly infected so we bought him a new laptop. He wasn’t satisfied in the beginning because it was taking too long and the techs were telling him his computer wasn’t working fast enough to have it scanned.”

Since the company has received complaints through Ripoff Report, they have started sending out surveys. Additionally, they have been following up with customers closer to when they have been escalated. The company also notes they have been taking a lot of inbound calls in their corporate office. If a customer calls the main line and it is not resolved right away they will take it in the corporate office. The difference between their office and the other office is that they can do whatever we need to in their corporate office.

Customer Focus Services feels the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program commits to certain standards of how to deal with customers by making sure that important issues are dealt with appropriately. The company states they resolve the issues for customers or we provide them with a refund and have a number of different 24/7 customer service and support reps if they have an issue we get it resolved quickly. Mark Haverman stated “The CAP program is our commitment to following Ripoff Report’s guidelines of providing our customers a quality experience.”

Within the company’s upper management they state that they want every customer satisfied. Mark Havermen mentions, “Sometimes we cannot resolve the issue and the customer still has an issue that is beyond our capability. In that case we issue a full refund but there can be a situation where the customer still has a problem and we can’t help them. We refer them out to an offsite technician or the manufacturer and tell them we try to do whatever we can do to make the customer satisfied whether it is a full refund or a gift certificate. There have been times where we paid for the shipping for them to send the computer to our office to fix. We try to do whatever we can do to satisfy the customer within our abilities. We have learned the speed of resolution is really important and having 24/7 customer service is important. We definitely have learned things from the feedback we are getting and we have definitely built a better business from it.”

Omni Tech Support / Statements from the owner.

Omni Tech Support has grown exponentially in the past few years to become one of the leading online tech support companies available. We have also doubled and trippled our efforts to be the best provider of 3rd party support for Microsoft products, and offer ongoing training and tips to both our staff and clients alike to ensure that the highest level of support is always available. Omni Tech Support is committed to cutting edge technology; by hiring an executive R&D department that tests the latest and greatest in tech support, we ensure that everything we do is cutting edge and will help our clients to the best of our ability.

Omni Tech Support's service team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job. The project manager at Omni stated "The research and development team is absolutely amazing. We can login in the morning to the ever growing K-Base and find hundreds of updated articles, service materials and references that we didn’t see the previous day. With support at the level, it is understandable why we are referred to as experts.”

"Satisfying a customer’s expectations to our best ability is the best sign of growing success". Some of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads: “Omni Tech Support truly communicate all aspects of the job in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that he and his employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with the CEO of Omni Tech Support, and many of his past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Omni Tech Support is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer .. OmniTech Support technical staff did just that with no problem.

Fixnow Omnitech AVOID THIS RIPOFF COMPANY Internet

Beware of this company! I had a problem with my computer and clicked on a result from a Google search. It seemed like free help for Microsoft issues. Man was I wrong!

After chatting online with someone from FixNow, they referred me to a technicain, who came online as "Tech 41", and I noticed the website URL switched to an omnitech site.  This person asked me to download an App so he/she could take remote control of my computer and try to find and fix the problem. since I had experience reliquishing control to qualifed techs before, I did it.

After a while of watching as he was controlling my computer, he supposedly ran some PC optimizer program and it showed all kins of problems in the results. He then chatted that he had found many serious problems with infected files on my computer, and many corrupted registry entries. Then when I asked if it would cost  for him to fix them, he said it would be $249.99! At that point I got hesitant and said I couldn't afford that. Then the super agressive sales pitch came. This person kept pushing that if I did not have him fix the problems, my whole computer would get infected and be ruined. I kept resisting and then eventually he came back with a $99.99 cost for fixing. At that point I just said I didn't want to do it, and would he please return control of my computer back to me. He kept persisting, until I finally closed the App and the session.

After I got off with this 'technician', I ran a registry cleaner program, and it found some issues but nothing serious, and then I ran a full computer scan with my AVG protection software. It found and fixed one threat that was not serious. I rebotted and the problem was still there. I finally got on the answers.microsoft.com site and asked for help from that site. I got an answer soon that fixed my problem, and my computer is running just fine now.

If you ever enter the Fixnow site and get handed off to a technician from Omnitech, DO NOT let them take over your machine. Run away as fast as you can. I did not ever give them a credit card number, but if I see a charge from them, I will complain loud and long.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2013 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fixnow/internet/Fixnow-Omnitech-AVOID-THIS-RIPOFF-COMPANY-Internet-1100795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fixnow

Fixnow Omnitech AVOID THIS RIPOFF COMPANY Internet

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

I can assure you I do NOT work for a competitor of FixNow or Omnitech. I do realize they use software to take over one's machine and do some testing, and if they find something that takes time to fix, they would charge for that. HOWEVER, my complaints still stand. I was routed to a tech who took over my machine, and then he came back saying I had all sorts of problems, and then was very pushy about paying $249 to fix all my serious problems. There was nowhere before that where it was prominently displayed that they offer a service for that fee, and the tech said nothing about it. Eventually I negotiated the tech down to a $99 deal (kind of reveals what they are all about, huh?).

In any case, as I stated in my original complaint, I asked the tech to give control back to me several times, and he did not. There was no obvious way I could take control. I finally had to power down and reboot and hope that nothing on my PC had been permanently messed up. As I also stated in my orginal complaint, I eventually contacted Microsoft, found a fix, used an inexpensive registry cleaner, and then did a fiull system scan. Then my problem was fixed and my system ran fine.

I have had no major system failures as the tech stated, My system did not have lots of corrupted files and malware that would require a lot of work to fix. I still hold to my guns that I was handed off to a tech by FixNow, none explained the process or the cost, the tech presented a scary scenario that turned out to mot be true, and then was pushy about getting me to pay to fix all the problems. Wen I repeatedly asked for him to give me back control, he would not do it, and there was no obvious way for me to do that myself, contrary to what the person from Omnitech said. I had to power off and reboot in order to get control back.

I realize that Omnitech uses somewhat standard tools to remotely check out a computer, but in the process of going through FixNow to Omnitech, there was not description of the services or costs, I was not informed how I could take control back if I wanted to, and I was given exaggerated information about the state of my PC, and was subjected to a very pushy tech. I stand by my original report. I have since talked with others about this, and while they say some of the tools the tech used are common, and one can use them independently of FixNow, they had similar problems going through FixNow and getting subjected to the pressure to sign up for their $249 program.

I avoid companies that use these tactics, and I suggest you do to.

This complaint is missing key facts.

As these allegations are posted anonymously, unfortunately we are not in a position to offer any comments as to what actually transpired. Generally, we access the customer’s computer using a standard and respected third-party remote access tool which is needed to allow us to be able to check the issue in detail and to work on the customer’s computer in order to fix the issue. We have no control over the results of the scan. Our process is very transparent and the customer can monitor every step performed by our technician. If they wish, they can immediately terminate the remote access.

The way the process works, is that when a customer comes to us with an issue, we’ll run a free diagnosis to help uncover the root of the problem. Some issues are obvious, such a help being needed in setting up a home network, but in others, the diagnosis may uncover registry errors or malicious software. There are some viruses that by their design can only be removed manually.  That’s something anti-virus software just cannot do.

Obviously, we are a fee-based solution to our customer’s needs. As is clearly mentioned on our website, we offer annual and half-yearly System Assurance plans, which offer great value. If a customer doesn’t want a subscription plan, they can elect to purchase, one-time fix or single issue support, which are very affordably priced. However, one-time fix price always depends on the complexity of the issue (as required time can be varied to fix issue to issue).

As always, we are here to assist people who truly need our experienced technician’s help regarding their any software related-issues at any time, day or night. Our professionalism and policies are why we have maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Sometimes we get fictitious complaints from competitors who cannot match our pricing, professionalism and services.  This complaint is missing key facts.