Complaint Review: A-Team Escrow - Chicago Illinois
A-Team Escrow Courtney Duffy Tried to rip me off Chicago Illinois
*Consumer Comment: I also fell for it
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The exact same thing happened to me
*UPDATE Employee: It happened to me too
*UPDATE Employee: Same exact thing just happened to me
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This company contacted me via email stating they looked at my resume off indeed and told me I would be a great candidate to be a Escrow Manager based out of Chicago IL and if I was interested to respond. So I reswponded and theey repplied with some forms to fill out and an employment agreement and after I filled them out they responed with, Congradulations you have the job. No interviews, no phone calls (red flag 1)
They told me I had a three week probation period in which I would get trained and then they would release my first paycheck. The first week I began all I was required to do is login to the A-team panal website and my superviser would get with me on my first client and walk me through it. Here is a sample of my first email
You will be working with multiple clients, all communication with whom will be performed via this web panel, so you won't be using your personal email to reach out to them. [continued below]....
WORKING WITH MESSAGES
Once you've got a new message, it will show up on your Dashboard. You can also create a new message and send it to me from your Mail section.
In order to add comments to your message or task, please click on it and scroll down the page until you see the "Add comment" text area. Type your comment there; if you need to attach any documents, click on the "Attach a file" button below. To send out your comment along with any attached files, please click on the "Add comment" button below.
IMPORTANT: If you simply click to the "Attach a file" button and don't press the "Add comment" button after attaching your files, your comment won't be submitted, and your files won't be added to it!
WORKING WITH TASKS
1) You receive tasks from me: they usually show up on your Dashboard as well as messages. Each new task will be marked as "New"; there will be a detailed description, a set due date and additional materials attached to it.
2) Upon receiving a task, you can read it and ask me your questions, if you have any, in the comments to the task. IMPORTANT: All task-related communication must be in the comments to that very task!
3) As soon as you start working on the given task, you need to click on the "Start task" button.
4) When you're done working on the task, you need to upload the results of your work in the comments to it. If you need to add some files, simply attach them to your comments. Once all the required information is there, please click on the "Complete task" button.
5) Depending on the hour your task has been submitted for review, it can take me some time to look it through. If you submitted your task early in the morning, I will have it reviewed by the end of the day; if your task is ready in the afternoon, most likely I'll get though it only on the next morning. If you submit a task before a weekend/holiday, I'll take my time until the following working day to read it.
6) If the results are satisfying, I'll mark your task as "Completed". If there still is something to do, I'll reopen the task. Finally, and I really hope we won't get to it, if you fail to do this very task, I will have no other choice but to cancel it. If you don't have any canceled tasks or complaints from the clients in your first 3 weeks of work, your probationary period will be successfully completed.
Courtney Duffy, Team Lead
Courtney Duffy was my superviser and she has a cat as her profile picture and the first week she stated that since their office isn't officially opened yet I must open a bank account in my name or use my existing one , to receive my direct deposit pay and also to make client transactions from , which was a red flag instantly. They have legal documents that the clients supposedly sign that look legit and fully protect the Escrow Manager from any fees of any kind. She gave me not much to do in that first week except to submit all my personal information for tax purposes.
Second week she said she has a first client for me who will be depositing $3,500.00 into my account to buy VW car parts and to let her know when funds are in my account and we will walk through the whole process together. So I opened a seperate account because I did not want funds mixed in with my personal account and customers getting mad at me for that. I filled out the dereict depost paperwork from the company and they said that I should get my first customer in a doy or so. The day I get my first costumer my bank freezes my account because of paperwork issues and after getting my bank the paperwork was told I could start getting deposits into my account.
On Monday the 19th I get and email from them stating I would get paid today and the funds should be deposited into my account in the afternoon. That never happened I get another email the following day that said: Unfortunately, there's a delay with the payment from our UK office, and until it fully clears, your paycheck as well as mine and everyone's else is delayed until Thursday, March 22nd.
The following day I got a task that said I would get my first costumer and said
I've got the information on your new client from our Sales, so let's finally get started :)
Please check your bank account balance for a transaction from our client, Daniel Esquer, in the amount of $3500. Please confirm receiving the funds, and I'll send you the instructions on how to proceed with this escrow payment.
At that point my bank interviened froze my account and took the funds because it looked like some kind of fraud and is still under investigation. At that point I tried to call this Courtney Duffy which is convieniently unavailable as a matter of fact it doesn't even ring goes straight to voicemeail. I tried to get her to respond to my tasks with what I did and never got a reponse there either.
Please spread the word that this is a fraud company out to rip people off after purchasing products they yank the money out of your account and leave with a negative bank account and free product sent to them.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2018 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/a-team-escrow/chicago-illinois-60610/a-team-escrow-courtney-duffy-tried-to-rip-me-off-chicago-illinois-1435532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.