X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: ACCA Global - New York New York

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Daniel — Venice California United States of America
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

On 11/5/2010 my Orchard Bank Mastercard was charged $267.53 as payment to ACCA Global for, as of today, still undetermined accounting services that I never requested or received.  After being made aware of the charges on 11/10/2010 I tried several times to contact their U.S. office in New York only to be automatically forwarded to an answering machine which, out of fear of making myself more vulnerable to identity theft, I did not wish to leave any message on.  Instructions were also provided to contact their UK offices though that telephone number has always been curiously busy.

Yesterday I decided to call their global office in Canada.  To my surprise I spoke with a representative who attempted to address my concern.  She indicated that they have had numerous recent instances of credit card fraud for payment of their services.  She went on to convey to me that their corporate office in the UK is presently conducting an investigation and that so far they have identified the source of the fraud to individuals in India and Pakistan.

Is this company legitimate and a victim as well...or are they actually complicit in the fraud?...it is still too early for me to tell.  I have filed a complaint with the FTC, California Attorney General, LAPD and also disputed the charges to Orchard Bank.  The biggest question I have is how they were able to acquire my security code or password as I hardly ever use this particular card for purchases (doesn't Orchard Bank have a call center in India?  Is it possible that they have a security leak?).

Check your credit card statements for unauthorized charges to ACCA Global and report any cases to the FTC and your local law enforcement/attorney general offices.  Maybe they can catch these idiots, whoever they are.  I will update periodically with further developments as I discover them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2010 06:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/acca-global/new-york-new-york-10022/acca-global-acca-connect-credit-card-fraud-new-york-new-york-661399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair