X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: AIU Online - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Spokane Washington
  • AIU Online Hoffman Estates Illinois Nationwide U.S.A.

American International University Quinton the admissions advisor tells you you cannot start your admissions process until you have debited Fifty dollars to them from your checking account There Hoffman Estates Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Not a Scam

I am writing this to inform others of the questionable ethics of American International, or Intercontinental or Interscamming University. I was eventually contacted by telephone by a man who gave his name as Quentin. Quentin informed me he is the one who would "recommend" by application to the "admissions board" after I debited fifty dollars from my checking account to him. I (fortunately did not have fifty dollars in my account at that time.

So I'm exploring, or Web Surfing, or whatever you call snooping around for validity, and I discover a brick wall due to, "my having the wrong operating system, ( I have a real computer, it's not Gatesware its hardware, it's manufacturned by the Apple Computer Company. Let me say that friendly " Quentin Stanley was not so friendly when I informed him that I was not going to debit fifty dollars to him, and he reported to me he was withdrawing his recommendation to the "Adimissions Board". I believe I am blessed to have an old IMac I bought in the Want Ads for $200.00 with color printer. If your conservative with your money, these people are a hoot. That guy Shane in Georgia who filed a rebuttal. do us a favor and get an hourly job and pay taxes like the rest of us.

John
Spokane, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2004 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aiu-online/nationwide/american-international-university-quinton-the-admissions-advisor-tells-you-you-cannot-star-90703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Not a Scam

AUTHOR: Erika - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, May 17, 2004
I have signed up with AIU Online after extensive research on where to further my education. They are a real school; they have a campus here in Los Angeles where I live. Unfortunately it is very hard for me to commute from work to school so I was looking at a completely-online graduate program. I had a course catalog from their actual campus here in LA; and started thinking about taking the online program instead. The AIU admissions people have been extremely helpful to me already and provided invaluable career advice and insights. Which is much more than I can say about my old alma matter (which was not an online school) About the $50 fee- why, you have to pay an application fee at any college, online or not. This is not unusual at all. Actually $50 is much cheaper than the $250 required by the "real" school that I went to for four years in Hempstead NY and earned my bachelor's from! The course syllibi offers classes that are almost identical to other master's programs in my field, and I cannot wait to start. I am sorry you had a bad experience. But I do not feel that the school should be faulted for one rude employee.