Complaint Review: AT&T / DirecTV
AT&T / DirecTV DirecTV - A pack of liars Austin, Texas Nationwide
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) I feel that the company, DirecTV, in spite of their denial, is responsible for destroying my old television. Something was electronically miswired or something was magnetic, and caused the TV to electronically burn out. I had to buy another television. Old big screen TV cost about $2800 when it was new, and the new one cost $1100. The fact that the TV was 19 years old, they blew it off as an old TV simply dying. Seems to me to be rather odd that it died within minutes after they touched it.
2) The programming that is offered with DirecTV is NOT what was proposed. My wife liked "MeTV" that was part of AT&T Uverse 300, and it is NOT on DirecTV's programming. We were assured by three different individuals that it would be included in our package. It wasn't. A blatant lie.
3) I was told that they would cut my monthly bill in half. I was previously paying about $235 monthly. Truth be told, the first month with DirecTV actually cost more, about $248. The following months has been about $217. That's a LONG way from half. I'm only saving about $20 monthly. For that amount, I would have stayed with what I had. Another blatant lie.
4) I would not have signed up for this satellite TV knowing beforehand that satellite signals go to pot everytime the weather is turbulent. I was assured that modern technology had corrected this problem. That was another blatent lie. The TV reception is usually NON existent in inclimate weather. When hurricane Harvey hit Texas, we were totally unable to follow the storm's progress because of NO TV reception.
5) The personnel who knocked at my front door identified themselves as being from AT & T, not a contract company associated with AT & T. Another blatent lie.
6) I am on a two year contract. After all of the other headaches, this is the frosting on the cake. I want out of this contract so I may go to another provider, whose ethics are a lot more honest, and consumer friendly, I also want some punitive or settlement funds for this entire hassel.
I went round and round with these people for seven and a half months. They did permit me to go back to Uverse 300 with AT&T without any DirecTV early cancellation penalties. In answering the complaint of my fried TV, they offered me some $309 Walmart special, which I declined. They absolutely refuse to pay me punitive damages for the seven and a half month hassle, and all of the lies, which was directly responsible for all of this trouble in the first place. Then, when they were going to put me back on Uverse 300, I was assured that the TV service from DirecTV would NOT be cut until Uverse 300 was connected, so we would have continuous coverage. AT&T was supposed to show up between 9AM and 11AM. That morning my wife was sick, and got up early, and turned on the TV. DirecTV cut the feed at 5AM. ANOTHER BLATENT LIE!
Lying is a way of life for those &*%$# people. They currently have a Federal Trade Commission suit against them for dishonest and deceptive trade practices. How many of you out there would be willing to contact me, join forces, and sue these j******** in a CLASS ACTION SUIT? I can be reached at auschuck at aol dot com .
Thank you for taking the time to read this complaint. I look forward to hearing from anyone out there SOON! Let's give these liars something th whine about . . . . . . .
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2017 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/att-directv/nationwide/att-directv-directv-a-pack-of-liars-austin-texas-nationwide-1405783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: