Complaint Review: AuthorHouse Publishing Company
AuthorHouse Publishing Company Trafford Publishing 30 day turn around. What a laugh Milton Keynes, Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
AuthorHouse, which I am informed originates in the United States, having an office based in England (Milton Keynes), is the name that comes up, first, when seeking a publishing house that will undertake work for budding authors. AuthorHouse promises a 30 day turn around, that it is extremely professional. This is just how professional they are:
1) Three manuscripts submitted. AuthorHouse managed to mix them up.
2) AuthorHouse managed to create two books, with different titles, but the same content. So I ended up with two books the same with different titles to them, and this by the same compositor. When I asked him how he could produce two books the same, with different titles, no answer came back.
3) Wrong information placed on the back of the books.
4) Wrong security details supplied, so as to access account
5) Missing information from back of books, once the original mistake was looked into
6) Inappropriate fonts to paragraphs
7) Information missing from front covers
8) Personal information inputted wrongly
9) Persistant refusal to correct mistakes that they had made.
10 Instead of 30 day turn around it took from March until September (2009) to get ahead, even a little bit. Eventually I informed them that I would have to take court action, which they dismissed. So I took them to court and was refunded monies plus costs.
Once AuthorHouse had taken the money they were off, off to the next client, regardless. The work that I submitted was consistantly mauled and the aggravation in trying to sort out their mess was quite incredible. When a customer services man contact me he said I must be brief in outlining my complaint. Excuse me! should he not have investigated my complaint before telephoning myself? this is the could not care less attitude towards their clients. After many months I still did not obtain that which I paid for. Wasted time and effort and felt as though I had been made fun of, looked upon as a stupid individual, a sap. I would not recommend AuthorHouse. It maybe that they get some books out, but I can only think that it is a matter of hit and miss and if you are unfortunate to be on the receiving end, get the tranquilizers out for you are in for a very, very rought time with individuals who do not listen, refuse to listen, though AuthorHouse claims to work with aspiring authors. You know the speel.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2009 06:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/authorhouse-publishing-company/internet/authorhouse-publishing-company-trafford-publishing-30-day-turn-around-what-a-laugh-milton-529913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: