X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Camco - Rockford Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Houston Texas
  • Camco 303 North Main St Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Camco Ripoff calls me claiming I owe $277.91 from 18 years ago Rockford Illinois

*Author of original report: Now I have received a letter from Camco

On May 6,2004 this scumbag company called Camco called me. Actually, a person called and left a message on my voice mail to call. I ignored it since I did not know the person or even what it was about.

The next day, Friday May 7th I had the same message so I decided to call & find out what it was about. I tell the person, whose name is Chris I am returning his call and he asks me what my phone number is. I told him that he called me and he said he calls thousands of people every day.

I was reluctant but gave my phone number and then he rattled off my social securtiy number and said I had owed Palais Royale, a department store a debt that his company, Camco had acquired. I found that hard to believe because I pay my bills in full every month and I still have an account with Palais Royal with a 2400.00 credit limit.

Of course I was very upset and there was a lot of yelling involved. He did threaten to put it on my credit report. I kept saying that there must be some mistake and he finally hung up on me after I curssed at him.

At this point I am all upset and wracking my brain to remember 18 years years ago if I really did let something slip. I should have got on the internet right then and there. But I did not and then the jerk calls back Sat morning.

I argued with him again for a while and them he put his supervisor on. This guy was willing to go down to 100.00 if I would do a check over the phone. I would not do that and he finally hung up.

Today, Sunday the phone rang at least 7 times and I did not answer it. No message was left so I am assuming it was Camco trying to badger me some more. Then I got smart and found this site. Hopefully I will be ready when they call back. I have not received ANYTHING in the mail, only the phone calls.

Cathy
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2004 10:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/camco/rockford-illinois-61101/camco-ripoff-calls-me-claiming-i-owe-27791-from-18-years-ago-rockford-illinois-90780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Now I have received a letter from Camco

AUTHOR: Cathy - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, May 18, 2004
This is the same type of letter other folks, who have posted on the rip off report have received. I now need to send them a cease & desist letter. Can anyone help me with that? I have never in my life had any credit problems. I need to send this letter within 30 days. Thanks for any guidance.