X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Aaron — North Plainfield New Jersey United States
  • Career Education Corporation 23 Cataract Ave. Dover , NH United States

Career Education Corporation McIntosh College Promised employment placement and to take care of me, but through their actions I lost my GI Bill status and have a mountain of debt that I've struggled for years to pay off. Dover NH

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I was a student at the Dover, NH campus. I am also a verteran who was using my GI Bill to pay for school, which should have been sufficent to cover tuition. I was told I had to take out loans, both personal and federal to cover my tuition. I was constantly pulled from class to have meetings with the finace department about lack of payment on my end when they had recieved my loans and GI Bill payments.

Eventually I lost my GI Bill becuase due to over payment because McIntosh College cooked the books on how many credits I was taken to boost the monthy payments from VA so i could pay them more. At the time I was receiving over $1000 a month for my persoanl needs, not to pay them. They reported that I was taking 14-17 credits when I taking on average 6-9 credits.

So with the lost of my VA status I was droped from school until payment was recieved. Mind you this was six weeks before the end of the program.   Through threating legal action against them and calling the head of the VA for that district to explain my situation, they saw fit to give me a pell grant (out the kindness of their hearts) to pay off my bill. To this day I still have not been labled as graduated or received my diploma. This was thirteen years ago and the school has since closed.

Once again mind you it was their doing with reporting to the VA on how many credits I was taking in the first place. To this day I am still paying off those loans, and I just receieved a call from a debt collector stating that I still owe the school $8230 for back payments due to the school. When I mentioned that I used my VA beneifits she shut the call down immediately. I feel really bad for any other students who used: theirs, parent, or spouse's VA beneifits for this scam of an institution and the trouble that it has caused. Is there any legal repocussions that can be taken against McIntosh College and Career Education Corporation even if the school is closed?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2018 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/career-education-corporation/dover-nh-03820/career-education-corporation-mcintosh-college-promised-employment-placement-and-to-take-1445096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair