This site uses cookies to store information on your computer which may track your browsing behavior on our site and provide you with ads or other offers that may be relevant to you. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. Read our Privacy Policy to learn more. Further, effective 5/24/2018 due to GDPR, citizens of any GDPR applicable country are prohibited from using this site. Read our Terms of Service to learn more.By using our site you understand and agree to these terms.

Complaint Review: Celebrity Foods - Celebrity Prime Foods

• Submitted: Tue, April 07, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 25, 2009
  • Reported By: Gardnerville Nevada
  • Celebrity Foods - Celebrity Prime Foods
    1061 North Kraemer Place, Suite A
    Anaheim, California

Celebrity Foods - Celebrity Prime Foods hard sales tactics and fast talking sales people leave you with an overpriced freezer and a high interest loan Anaheim California

*Consumer Comment: been with celebrity prime for 15 years

Please do not purchase appliances or food from Celebrity! It is a ripoff and no one wants to deal with you once you realized you have been burned.

I fell for the hard sales tactics of the Celebrity Foods sales person. When I mentioned that I was going to get a freezer for $600 from Home Depot, the sales guy spent a full hour hard selling me on the benefits of purchasing the Celebrity freezer which came with a warranty (for as long as you purchase food) on the freezer, a warranty on any food spoilage should the freezer fail, and the fact that it was a "commercial" grade freezer and the one at Home Depot was not the same grade.

What is even more devious is the fact that they are selling you an overpriced appliance using an expensive (high interest rate) financing service and they try to conceal the fact that you are overpaying by explaining how much you save on the back end with the food discounts.

Once you get the food, you realize that it is not the deal that you anticipated. The portions are on the small size and the quality of the beef is questionable. The sales person also added into the order paper goods, dry goods, and soaps that we never requested, thus reducing the amount of food that you actually receive under your plan. They also estimate your food based on 4 dinners at home and 3 away, but we explicitely stated that we were going to eat in 6 dinners and out 1. Guess that their training does not cover changes to the facts and figures as we still received food quantities budgeted against 4 dinners at home.

We decided to cease to order food from Celebrity and we are now stuck paying for an overpriced appliance at a high interest rate and calls to both Home Acceptance and Celebrity are stone-walled.

Brian
Gardnerville, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2009 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/celebrity-foods-celebrity-prime-foods/anaheim-california-92806/celebrity-foods-celebrity-prime-foods-hard-sales-tactics-and-fast-talking-sales-people-l-441650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

been with celebrity prime for 15 years

AUTHOR: Maryellen - (U.S.A.)

Have been using this company for 15 years with not a single complaint.Where could you buy food, eat it,and if you didn't like it have it replaced with something different for no charge.Also have the electricity go out and they replace the whole freezer with food. My freezer died after ten years and they gave me another one -no charge.The gas grill that I bought I They had no replacement grates after years of use and they gave me a new and better grill free.
The food has no hormones or antibiotics and is great. Anyone who can't see the advantages of this company is crazy!!! I don't buy prepared foods from them because I know some things may be a little over priced but that comes with ising the system for awhile.I have recommended them to many people.
As for the cost of the freezer ,I priced it and it is thre best commercial freezer
on the market.Very easy to defrost .
So I have to say I would definitley do it again as I am at 45% off on my food becuase of my prchases of freezer, gas grill and a set of knives. All are top quality.
You know the saying you get what you pay for.Some people are not interested in quality.