Complaint Review: Charleston Pool And Spa - Charleston South Carolina
- Charleston Pool And Spa 1634 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.
- Phone: 843-388-7888
- Category: Pool Builders
Charleston Pool And Spa RUN..don't walk away from Charleston Pool and Spa Charleston South Carolina
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Frank Berger Gets Sued by Charleston Pool and Spa
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Charleston Pool and Spa is Dedicated to Customer Satisfaction
*Author of original report: Charleston Pool And Spa RUN..don't walk away from Charleston Pool and Spa Charleston South Carolina
*Author of original report: RUN away as fast as you can if you are even considering Charleston Pool and Spa. The promises and terrific, but the workmanship is terrible.
It is now August, we have paid Mike/Charleston Pool and Spa nearly $50000.00 and it's still not done. We have tried and tried to work with this company. Mike says he is a partner with Briggs Enterprises. Out of shear frustration, we even did some of the labor.
After disappearing for a month, Mike just told us, in essence, that he is abandoning the project unless we pay him $750.00 more...even though he acknowledges that:
1) There is concrete and all kinds of construction residue attached to the pool and he has the solution to remove it.
2) He was not there as expected when the concrete patio was poured, and the pattern was applied incorrectly. The manufacturer said the only way to fix it was to take a sledge hammer to it. We asked Mike to fill some of the holes and gaps, but, for some reason known only to God, he walked around with a cutter, making more holes and slashes. We then spent the better part of 3 days filling his mistakes ourselves because Mike said he could match it all up. He didn't and it looks much worse
3) The color of the concrete is completely off because Mike failed to test an area, as per the manufactures directions.
4) The concrete already has numerous cracks
5) Mike said the concrete would have a slip resistant finish. It does not. It is very slippery. Our young son fell the second day and hit his head
6) This is a fiberglass pool that has bumps All Over The place. There is not a single flat anywhere. Not the sides or bottom...even though we waited for him to fill and empty the pool twice...drill holes in the pool...all in an attempt to get it flat.
7) We paid for 4 stone dolphin statues which Mike mounted on rubber pads he bought for about $1. We had to call the manufacturer who said this was this Not recommended and it was Dangerous. Mike carelessly handled these statues, causing knicks and scratches. He has the stuff to fix it, but will not.
8) Mike has refused to give us the owners manuals and had said we should call him if something goes wrong. We never got some of the little things...complete beginning package...caps he promised...
9)10) Mike promised to remove dirt and leave the area graded. Instead, he moved the dirt around, ruining more sprinkles and sod. We went through this process 3 times. Finally, he took most of it away, leaving a huge ungraded mess. I wish information like this had been available before I went with this company.
This has been such an horrible experience. We had such high hopes for our back yard project and this summer in particular. Our son leaves for college next year...how do you put a value on that? Consumers Desired Resolution: Settlement requested:The same thing we asked over and over...keep your word. Once we came to an agreement on March 1, we never asked for anything new...and while we were going through all of this, Mike would complain to us that he hated being in construction. (the above is from the BBB)
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2008 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charleston-pool-and-spa/charleston-south-carolina-29407/charleston-pool-and-spa-rundont-walk-away-from-charleston-pool-and-spa-charleston-south-360372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.