X  |  CLOSE

• Updated:
  • Reported By: Tiffy — Nashville Tennessee United States of America
  • Dell Datasafe Online Internet United States of America

Dell Datasafe Online Dell Datasafe Online Is a Waste of Money Internet

After a virus destroyed all the files on my computer, I thought there would be no problem restoring the 5-6 GB of data I had lost from my computer, because I had paid $39 for the Dell Datasafe Online backup service, which had been faithfully backing up my files for months.  Wrong!  I followed all the instructions to the letter, got messages indicating that the backup process would be 18 hours long, and then had the entire process fail after 16 hours.  Tried again, and after taking 30 hours, got a message that of 1801 files of mine on their server, 0 had been restored and 1801 had been "skipped".

Started calling various Tech Assistance numbers (Dell Datasafe Online has no dedicated Tech Assist number, so you must go through 2-3 other Dell customer service systems for which you must repeatedly enter your computer service tag number and Express Service Code), sometimes told that I would have to pay extra for assistance.  Finally got to a technician that used a "workaround" to get the restore started and said he'd call me back in 5 hours to see how it was going.  Never received a call, and the restore process failed after about 2 hours.

Called them again and another technician demo'd restoration of ONE SONG which took over 5 minutes to restore, but then who was unable to restore anything else.  So I was told another technician would call me about my problem in a few days.  No calls.  I tried several more times on my own to restore some individual files - no luck.   This appears to be a case of a really poorly performing product that just doesn't work as touted.  I think it's almost fraudulent for Dell to continue to offer this useless service and take people's money for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2011 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell-datasafe-online/internet/dell-datasafe-online-dell-datasafe-online-is-a-waste-of-money-internet-743589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content