Complaint Review: Dell Inc
Dell Inc Dell Bait and Switch Nationwide
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Dell advertised their Day 6 Doorbuster - additional 20% off ALL Alienware Outlet Desktops
I watched the computer I wanted for 4 days, logged in an hour before the sale started to keep an eye on it. Added to my cart at 2:05 no discount. removed, refreshed, re-added, no discount. At 2:11 placed in queues for chat and phone support to find why the no coupon required discount was not applying. Finally completed the purchase a 2:24 because I didn't want to lose the single outlet computer expecting to be able to resolve the issue with the 20% not applying like you are able to do with any other company. The phone was filly answered at 2:35 and was online with them for over 45 minutes and they said that they could not give me the 20% only 10%.
I will not go into the details of the other 4+hours of calls I made and how many people in service, member purchasing (who agreed I should have gotten the 20% discount but didn't have the ability), and Sales Return specialists I spoke with but the repeating phrase I was told was "regardless of the reason the 20% was not applied" they would not honor the discount.
I opened a complaint with the BBB
12/1 Gerard James at extension x4161002 an "Executive Resolver" called in response to my complaint
- He said if sale was available when I placed my order I would have gotten the discount (would not research or even acknowledge that there could be a possibility that there was a technical issue on their side)
- Had not looked up the details of my order or looked up details of the sale specifications even though I provided the link to thier sale page
- He said he is not able to look up details of the sale
- He said they take my word about what when and how I bought the computer but will still not honor the discount
- Finally he looked up my sale and said I purchased an outlet Alienware Desktop at 2:24pm on 11/28 which is within the parameters of the sale
- He agreed the sale said no coupon required
- He said for sales there are a limited number of dedicated computers for the sale so only a small portion of the stock on hand is allotted to the sale and so the computer I purchased must not have been one of those dedicated computers so I do not get discount
- He agreed the sale did state on ANY dell outlet Alienware desktop while supplies last (does not say limited quantities) but regardless would not honor the 20% discount
- I explained that is the definition of bait and switch – he disagreed
- His definition of bait and switch is “advertising for one price and selling for another without providing the proper terms” but he says this does not fall within those parameters
I don't understand this sort of lack of customer service. the sale says ANY and While Supplies Last. Obviously I made a purchase during the sales time so there was clearly supplies on hand and the sale does not say limited quantities.
I have screenshots of everything to back up my claims.
I am pretty sure that the reason the sale did not post to the transaction was there was an error in how they formatted particular sale. ALL the other Doorbuster sales had a coupon code except for this one Day 6 item so the sales system did not know to apply the 20%.
To me this looks like a simple technical error on their part which happens to every online company once and awhile but for some reason Dell just cannot accept that technical issues can happen.
I am just shocked that they can agree that my purchase was for the correct item at the correct time for the sale but still flat out say that they will still not honor the discount. It is the very definition of bait and switch.
This is WRONG and ILLEGAL!
Dell ... please fix this! ... or I say "Anyone up for a class action law suit ?"
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2016 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell-inc/nationwide/dell-inc-dell-bait-and-switch-nationwide-1340836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: