Complaint Review: FedEx - Nationwide
FedEx Delivered my package to wrong address, failed to retrieved it, and refused to pay my full claim
I wish there were negative ratings... I shipped with FedEx about a month ago, thought given the price they charge compared to all the other delivery companies they are suppose to be reliable. I also paid extra for "Direct signature" and "Appointment Delivery(Saturday late afternoon, call beforehand to confirm availability)"services to make sure the package will be delivered to the recipient in person successfully. The package was delivered "successfully" according to tracking info about a week after I've shipped it, but my friend(the recipient) said she never got anything, no knocks on the door, no phone calls confirming her availabilities, and she's home the whole day that Saturday because she knew there will be a package coming in and want to make sure she gets it. The FedEx's investigation on the package took almost 2 weeks and eventually they just said "The driver don't remember where he delivered your package to and we categorize your package as lost". Don't even get me started on how difficult it is to talk to the customer services, I never received any callbacks they promised, I have to call them constantly to check for any updates on the case. Mind you, at this point, I still don't know what happened exactly to the package, whether it's lost during the transit, or got stolen, or anything. Anyways, I went ahead to file a claim on the package, and due to the fact that there's no declared value on it, for my package that almost worths $1000, I can only get maximum $100 back. Only on last Wednesday, I was eventually able to get hold of this "proof of delivery" document, which shows the image of the signature and the address the package was actually delivered to(I've been trying to get this document from the moment my friend didn't get the package, and was told there's no signature on file at the beginning, and then by one of the customer service representatives that the file did exist but can only be faxed not emailed to me. I only got the document after talking with one of the supervisors). It shows plainly and clearly there the package was delivered to an entirely wrong address, the street # is "1740" not the "1720" where it's supposed to be. After all that time of investigation, it's me who figured out FedEx's delivered to a wrong address? How about I do your job for you FedEx, huh? And because it's already a month, my friend was unable to get the package back from the 1740 address. My problem with this is that, if FedEx can figure out the package was delivered to a wrong address sooner, then maybe the package can still be retrieved. So to summarize, my major complaints are:
- Delivered the package to an entirely wrong address.
- Both "Direct Signature" and "Appointment Delivery" services were not fulfilled successfully. Signed by the wrong person, and delivered at a wrong time(Saturday morning not Saturday late afternoon and no call ahead as I required).
- Failed to discover why the package was not delivered successfully.
- Failed to produce the "Proof of Delivery" file on time, and refused to provide the file to me initially.
- Promised callbacks on multiple occasions and never did.
- Delivered the package to a wrong address, signed by a wrong person, at a wrong time, took nearly a month on the investigation and failed to identify the reason of the unsuccessful delivery, and still managed to get away with this "$100" liability bullshit.
- The customer services has no efficiency, pushes the customer from one department to another, in the hope that you might just get tired and give up eventually.
So yeah, that's about it. Never gonna use FedEx ever again.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2018 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fedex/nationwide/fedex-delivered-my-package-to-wrong-address-failed-to-retrieved-it-and-refused-to-pay-m-1423560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.