X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Fifth Third Bank - Hinckley Ohio

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: richfield Ohio
  • Fifth Third Bank 53.com Hinckley, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-9723030
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

I have had nothing but h**l from my bank it all started last week i made a deposit on wensday thursday they took out 198 in fees which i though they are already taken out with the nagitative amount but no i am hit with $500.00 in fees on my account i have no money to put in there i have my kids birthday party this weekend and they wont reverse any of the fees because they helped me over a year ago with some fees.... i just think it b******t and to why the h**l do they let you keep using you card if you are overdrawn????

Jean
Richfield, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2007 06:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fifth-third-bank/hinckley-ohio/fifth-third-bank-overdraft-fees-hinckley-ohio-271265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#2 Consumer Suggestion

STOP THE BLEEDING OVER DRAFT FEE SUGGESTION

AUTHOR: Dorcas - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
I have a bank account with Washington Mutual and they have began to take the withdrawals first then make the deposits. This is done to make you overdraft, let's say you deposit $100 in CASH during the day time, late that night a check came thru for $50 they will over draft you. Because they will withdraw the $50 first and overdraft fee then credit your account for the CASH $100. Taking the withdrawals first then adding the deposits is just EVIL.

This is what I would suggest to stop the bleeding of overdraft fees.

STOP WRITING CHECKS
PAY YOUR BILLS IN PERSON OR BY MONEY ORDERS ONLY
DO NOT USE YOUR DEBIT CARD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

At Washington Mutual you can get a gold account where you pay $5.00 per month fee and FREE MONEY ORDERS. I have a Capital One card with only a $500 credit limit. I go online and pay off the balance once a week, to keep the account available with funds for what ever I need. By keeping one credit card with a low or zero balance is so when you are out and about you can charge it or use it like you would a debit card. By doing this I don't get the over draft fees any more, because I only use the account to make online payments and get FREE money orders. Before you go to the bank write out the amounts you need in money orders, deposit your paycheck, withdraw that amount, so you can get your money orders and try to keep some cash in your pocket for small purchases.

If there are no checks or debit card transactions, they can't charge you a bogus over draft fee. WaMu use to rip me off with that trick too, but now I don't ever use my debit card, I leave it home in a lock box.

As far as depositing checks, if anyone gives you a check (even your paycheck) go to THE BANK listed on the check and directly cash the check for CASH money. Then later go to your bank and deposit the CASH, so there is no hold for checks. When my co-worker gets paid she will go to the grocery store and cash her check or go to that bank, get the CASH money right then and there. Later when she gets off she goes to her bank and deposit CASH. I thought that was odd, but she explained all the overdraft fees she has paid because of her bank putting a hold on her check, so she goes to Fiesta (local grocery store in our area) and cash her pay check for only $3 she said that was a lot cheaper than paying the bank $400 in overdraft fees because they put your pay check on hold. She banks at Chase, they have bent her over to many times.

As far as paying your bills in CASH in PERSON I would suggestion that if you have a credit account with like Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, WaMu go thru the drive thru at that bank and pay with the statement and cash in person.

When I make my money orders out, I use a small self-adhesive personalized return address label in the signature area of the money order. I ordered them in convenient rolls from http://www.rubberstamps.net Each label is 2.5" x 0.75" and in a roll pack, which makes it easy to keep in your purse. I use the labels on the money orders to protect my self from a creditor saying they could not read my hand writing of my name and address; creditors have all sorts of ways to take you for a ride.

I keep fifty dollars in a secret pouch in my glove box of my car, so when I am in a tight I have cash back-up and don't need to use the credit card or debit card with small transactions in a crunch. You know one time WaMu charged me a $39 overdraft fee for one debit card transaction that was only $3.23 they said I was short 3 CENTS (three pennies) in my account, so they charged me $39 overdraft fee. I have learned a valuable lesson from being ripped off, you can't get me now. IF YOU DON'T PROTECT YOURSELF WHO WILL.

OK...so exactly where.......

AUTHOR: Duane - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, August 30, 2007
....is the rip-off? You are mad at the bank because they charged you overdraft fees? How in the world can you post this - you are the one whao has tried to spend money you don't have.

It is stated in many of these posts on this site that people can avoid getting NSF fees by simply keeping an accurate check register and do not try to sloat funds or spend money you don't have.

No one forced you to use your card. You only have yourself to blame.
I feel terrible that you are in the position that you are, and I feel worse for your kids. But you need to be more responsible.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair