X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Gas Up America - Daytona Beach Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Littleton Colorado
  • Gas Up America PO Box 7154 Daytona Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Gas Up America Does not honor all $20 gas coupons Daytona Beach Florida

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I received a coupon book with five $20 gas coupons as a reward for coming to a financial lecture. I followed all rules exactly and mailed in my first coupon. I received a $20 check about a month later. (The coupons I have can only be redeemed a month apart). I sent the next coupon the following month, and never received a check back. I then sent the third coupon the next month, and have still not received a check for either.

I was told by the financial advisor who initially gave them to me that he only pays about $17 for a book of $100. He says the company told him that hardly anyone follows the rules perfectly, so they count on that and therefore can sell them cheap to companies to give out as incentives.

Therefore I REALLY made sure I met all their criteria exactly.

I find it interesting that I cannot track down this company to confront them directly--there seems to be no website, no phone number I can call, and no physical address at all. What a fraud!

I think this makes the companies who give them out look bad too and that we should all notify the people/companies who gave them to us so that maybe their clientele will dry up.

Frankie
Littleton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2008 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gas-up-america/daytona-beach-florida-32116/gas-up-america-does-not-honor-all-20-gas-coupons-daytona-beach-florida-384286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Rescinding complaint on Gas Up America

AUTHOR: Frankie Avalon - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, December 08, 2008

I posted the complaint above after not receiving checks due from Gas Up America for an over extended period of time. I continued to send in my coupons, but this last time I sent the coupon Certified Mail, Priority. Almost immediately I received another $20 check and about three weeks later I received the other $20 check that was well past due. I have so far received $60 out of the $80 I've sent coupons in for, so I cannot say they are not honoring coupons anymore.

I did notice, however, that the checks are now coming from a new company name--"Global Solutions, LLC". So I imagine that the hold up on my checks was because they may have been restructuring, or being sold to a new company.

I would like to suggest that everyone using these coupons send them certified, or at least with a delivery confirmation--as this seemed to work for me. I'll report in later if/when they continue to send the rest of the amount due. Good luck everyone else!

Frankie A Wolfe, Littleton, CO

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair