Complaint Review: Gray Taxidermy - Pompano Beach Florida

712 N.W. 12th Ave
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    United States

Gray Taxidermy scam, hidden costs, lies, theft Pompano Beach Florida

Buyer beware!!!  Grays Taxidermy is a complete scam.  I took a charter out of Ft Lauderdale called "Hooked Up".  I caught a sailfish.  The crew told me I could not bring the fish aboard to take pictures, unless I was going to have it mounted.  They claimed the only reason they could bring aboard was to measure the fish.  These charters are paid commission by Gray.

At any rate, the crew told me the fish would be $700 to mount.  I ageed to it.  Then, when we get back to the dock, the price increased to $953.  I paid the $953.  I was told it would be about $200 to ship it to me in KY.  Then, about a month after I get home, I get an invoice from Gray for $2173 plus some ludicrous shipping charges.  I immediately called and told them I did not want the fish.  They refused to refund my original $953.

These people prey on tourists that won't or can't go to south Florida to take them to court.  I would never use this company or recommend them.  Stay as far away from these people as possible......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2018 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gray-taxidermy/pompano-beach-florida/gray-taxidermy-scam-hidden-costs-lies-theft-pompano-beach-florida-1451271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content