Complaint Review: KB Homes

• Reported By: Lawrence Kansas
  • KB Homes

Orlando, Florida

KB Homes Down Payment Fraud Ripoff Orlando Florida

This actuality happened to my mother and I am saddened to see that this is going on with other people too. My mother lives in Orlando, Florida area and wanted to buy a town house from KB Homes and I knew the second she told me that it was a bad idea, well she calls me today July 11, 2007 and tells me that she didn't get approved and that they want to keep her down payment (5,000.00 usd) and someone at KB Homes told her that if she wants her money she had to get a lawyer. Well it wasn't my mother's fault because she told me that the contract read that if you back away after 60 days you will lose the down payment. But that's not the case here. The person who was suppose to handle her case never actually handled the case until the expiration of the down payment deal. They told her that she wasn't approved because she had too much on her name.

Well, I personally find it extremely hard to believe that it took that long to find that out and that coincidently it happened after the dead line. But how is this my mother's fault when she didn't even back out but was on hold for so long, she went and called and nothing.

Richard
Lawrence, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2007 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kb-homes/orlando-florida/kb-homes-down-payment-fraud-ripoff-orlando-florida-260275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content