Complaint Review: Legend Nissan - Syosset New York

• Legend Nissan
    268 Jericho Turnpike
    Syosset, New York
    United States

Legend Nissan Added fees after price negotiation, Failure to repair as promised Syosset New York

*Author of original report: Legend Nissan makes good, settlement reached

Went to Legend Nissan with the intention of purchasing 2015 Jeep Cherokee. Met salesman Joel and was treated very well. Vehicle had a few issues that needed to be addressed but we made a deal put down payment on vehicle. Got the call the issues were corrected and that I could come complete the purchase.

Here is where things go sideways. Get notification from credit karma that my credit was checked by 5 banks, lowered my credit 10 points, mind you I'm already pre-approved through credit union @2.9%. Get there Saturday to pick up and finance guy wants everything signed, I say I am not signing until I see that issues are corrected, he says it's a done deal, we go back and forth, I say not done until I sign. 1 issue not corrected- tire pressure sensor not functioning, was told to drive 150 miles and it should correct. Go back to sign and price of vehicle is $995 plus tax higher than signed sales agreement ($1080 total), I question and get run around, still no answer.

I made phone call Friday 3/2/18 to inform Rich the manager that the sensor not working and to ask about the extra $995, I was told finance will call me next day and that I will get a call Monday about fixing the sensor. I asked about getting fixed local to me as it is 60 mile trip each way, was told not possible. Saturday came and went with no call from finance, Monday came and went with no call from finance or service. Tuesday I took it upon myself to call Rich the manager, was told he is moving cars will call me back. 1 hour later I called again and got him on phone to try find out what is going on with sensor and inform that I did not receive a call from finance, he said he would find out and call me back in 10 minutes. 9 minutes later I get a call from Vinnie in service, part not in, should be here soon, yada yada, make appointment and we will fix, I tell him it's an hour plus each way, yea sorry. Still nothing from finance, call and ask for Rich again, he will call you back in 5 minutes, still waiting.

Finally get call back from rude finance manager telling me that the extra 995 was a fee just so that I can get financing! Why was I not told this upfront? Why did I have to chase him for this absurd answer? Why am I paying a fee on top of the % just to get financing?

I finally had the tire pressure sensor fixed locally to me after getting a bs story about part came in broken, meanwhile I hear manager telling tech 'try not to break this one' after 3 hour wait to get replaced and still not fuctioning because they did not have computer to program.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2018 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/legend-nissan/syosset-new-york-11791/legend-nissan-added-fees-after-price-negotiation-failure-to-repair-as-promised-syosset-n-1451204. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Legend Nissan makes good, settlement reached

AUTHOR: Eastender - (United States)

After some back and forth Adam the general manager contacted me and we discussed the situation and came to a mutually beneficial agreement to settle the mis-understanding that took place. I am very happy with the way Adam handled this and will return to Legend next time I am in the market.