Complaint Review: Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP - Houston Texas

• Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP
    4828 Loop Central Drive, Suite 600
    Houston, Texas
    United States

Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP Scam debt letter sent to my address Houston Texas

I received a letter from LGBS notifying me of a debt owed to Elizabeth River Tolls, in the amount of $84.90.  As far as I knew, as of December 2017 I did not owe any money to ERT.  I called the number on the letter, and asked when this debt was incurred and they told me it was for April 21st, 2017, at such and such a time one way, and a time going the other way on the same day.  I said, "that sounds like a doctor's appointment, let me look that up and get back to you."

The gentleman on the phone was very polite, very calm, had the info right to hand.  It sounded reasonable.  However, I keep my bills for a year, and had no bill for that date from ERT. Nor did I have a doctor's appointment on that day, or any other trip scheduled on my calendar for the year.  This led me to research LGBS, where I found your site.

I did not pay them anything.  The letter sent to me is very well written, has my correct address and license plate number. I will be contacting Elizabeth River Tolls, and possibly our local TV station.

They also, besides the address in Texas--apparently they are no longer in Arizona--listed a PO box:

P.O. Box 1045, Norfolk, VA 23501

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2018 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/linebarger-goggan-blair-sampson-llp/houston-texas-77081/linebarger-goggan-blair-sampson-llp-linebarger-goggan-blair-amp-sampson-llp-scam-de-1439075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content