Complaint Review: MacPalace.com - California

• MacPalace.com
    1218 S Glendale Ave
    , California
    United States

MacPalace.com MACPalace, Inc I ordered a specific high end part and they supplied a low end part. California

I ordered a Logic Board from this company. I paid for a high spec board but they sent me a low spec board.
I purchased a Logic Board for an iMac 27 inch3.4GHz on January 5 2018 as below.
820-3299 MD095LL MD096LL A1419 Manufacturer Part Number: 661-7160
Cost US$406
Shipping: USPS US$109.07
The website is MacPalace.com
The web page stated there was a 60day warranty included.
The order number was 45797.
The shipping was stated as 6-10 days.
I received an email to the effect that the part had been shipped on January 24 2018, 19 days later.
I finally received the part on February 1 2018.
After installing the board I discovered that they had in fact shipped me a cheaper board.
The board I received was for a model which had only 512MB VRAM instead of the 2048MB VRAM the specified board should have had. They had sent me part number 661-7156. [continued below]....

.....
I complained about this by email. They, at first, claimed that they had never specified the video card. I pointed out that it was tantamount to false advertising to supply a different part to that advertised. They claim to have supplied a "compatible part".
Finally they said they would give a refund if I sent the part back (being unable to supply the correct part I suspect!).
I duly mailed the part back (at my expense!) from Australia.
My postal service informed me the board was delivered back to them on February 12 2018.
I have sent many email reminders to them requesting my refund, but have had no response.
I have reported them to BBB of Los Angeles to no effect whatsoever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2018 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/macpalacecom/california-91205/macpalacecom-macpalace-inc-i-ordered-a-specific-high-end-part-and-they-supplied-a-low-e-1434689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content