X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: MCM MIdland Credit Management - Los Angeles California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Fabens Texas
  • MCM MIdland Credit Management Department 8870 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

My grandma received a letter from MCM demanding her to pay her debt of $3,410.08 by 6-30-07, but SINCE she was a new "customer" they were going to remove 75% of the debt and she only had to end up paying $852.52 dollars.

I called MCM to see what was going on and i told them that my grandma cant even talk that much and that i was calling on her part and they just dont me to wait while they were to transfer me...so i just hanged up the phone and came online to do a research on the company and to my amazement other people have gotten the same thing too.

Joel
Fabens, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2007 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mcm-midland-credit-management/los-angeles-california-90084/mcm-midland-credit-management-ripofffraudulent-debt-los-angeles-california-246357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

SAMPLE LETTER TO DISPUTE THE CLAIM .... STEVE AND OR J WILL BE ALONG SHORTLY WITH ADDITIONAL ADVICE!!!!

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, May 01, 2007

send this certified with the certified number ON THE LETTER and return receipt requested ...

DO NOT SIGN YOUR NAME -- PRINT OR TYPE IT -- your signature could appear on documents you never signed....

Your Name

Mailing Address
City, State, Zip

CERTIFICATION NUMBER __________

Re: Dispute of Collection Action: Case # ________

[If the collection agency has sent written notice, your case number is likely in the letter. If you have not received a written notice from the collection agency, tailor this line accordingly. For example, show the date you were contacted by the collection agency and/or identify the creditor by name if you can.]

To [person whose name appears on agency's notice to you]:

On [date] I was contacted by [name of person who called you] of your agency, who informed me that [name of collection agency] is attempting to collect [amount of claimed debt]. This individual is collecting on behalf of [name of creditor]. [OR] This individual would not tell me for whom you are supposed to be collecting.

[OR]

On [date] I received a written notice of the claimed debt, a copy of which is attached.
This is to inform you that I dispute the debt because [insert reason for dispute, e.g. the agency has confused you with someone else or the debt was paid. Include copies, not originals, of any correspondence that proves your point]. I am hereby requesting that you confirm the fact that I owe this debt as required by any applicable state and federal laws. Please contact the creditor to obtain verification. The validation should include COMPLETE PAYMENT HISTORY, A COPY OF EACH AND EVERY CHARGE SLIP WITH MY SIGNATURE FROM THE OPENING OF THE ACCOUNT; EACH AND EVERY STATEMENT FROM THE OPEN DATE OF THE ACCOUNT; CERTIFIED COPY OF THE ORIGINAL ACCOUNT APPLICATION WITH MY SIGNATURE

In addition, under the provisions of state and federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and related consumer statutes, I am hereby instructing you that you are to cease collection of the debt while efforts are made to obtain verification. Until you resolve this error with the creditor, you should neither contact me nor anyone else except the creditor about this collection.

Furthermore, any reporting of this matter to a credit reporting agency is premature. Until you have investigated my dispute, you should not relay negative information to a credit reporting agency. If negative information has already been reported, you will need to notify the agency to remove said report until the investigative process is over so that my credit report remains accurate, or at the very least, my credit report should be updated to reflect my dispute.

Your next contact with me should be either notice that the creditor has failed to provide verification of the debt and that the matter has been closed or that you believe that this debt is valid and are providing proof of my responsibility.

If the former, please confirm that I am not being held responsible for the debt in writing and also that if the account has already been noted on my credit report, that you will contact the bureau(s) in question to have the account removed. If the latter, I expect that you will provide me with an explanation as to why you have decided not to remove this account from collections and a copy of all documents relevant to the debt such as the application, bills, records of communications and payments, and any other data that indicates my responsibility.

I am instructing you not to contact any third parties such as my employer, neighbors, friends or family members. In addition, you may not contact me by phone at work or at my home about this collection activity. All future correspondence should be sent to me in writing.

[If you want to still speak to a collector by phone, indicate times when it is okay to contact you or note the name, address, and phone number of your attorney, if you have retained one.]

I look forward to your acknowledgement that you have received this notice by [date that is two weeks from date of letter].

Sincerely,

PRINT OR TYPE YOUR NAME

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair