Complaint Review: Presidential Van Lines - Daytona Beach Florida

• Presidential Van Lines
    1910 S Ridgewood Ave, South Daytona, FL
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    United States

Presidential Van Lines Presidential Movers and other AKA's using Presidential This company tells you everything you want to hear in order to get your deposit (mine was $700). We described everything in our 3000+ sq. ft. house they were to move from Texas to Florida AND sent photos of most of the items. . Daytona Beach Florida

*Author of original report: RETRACTING MY REVIEW

This company tells you everything you want to hear in order to get your deposit (mine was $700).  We described everything in our 3000+ sq. ft. house they were to move from Texas to Florida AND sent photos of most of the items.

They arrive a day early for the move AND in a 26 foot rental truck ALREADY HALF FULL!  The english speaking man immediately said "you have too much stuff - it weighs too much, too."  He is telling me that any item that weighs over 49 pounds will not be moved and any number of boxes over 36 will not be moved.  They required that every drawer in all the furniture be emptied so of course, there are a lot of boxes.

So I phone my moving rep (Brandon) and he has been fired for underestimating customers' moving charges.  Well, why didn't someone phone to let me know!?!  I am now speaking with Cody who is a total jerk.  Over two hours of a heated conversation, Cody wants to start reducing the amount of items we are to move in order to get the price down to what was quoted.  What a scam!!!

They thought they had me over a barrel since they knew I had sold my house and had to vacate.  After over three hours of wasting valuable time on the phone, I fired the company.  I quickly reserved two large moving trucks.  My wife and I each drove a truck 1400 miles towing cars - and the drive took three days.

I strongly recommend not using this company.  Turns out they don't even own trucks and are BROKERS for other moving companies.

Presidential Van Lines Presidential Movers and other AKA's using Presidential This company tells you everything you want to hear in order to get your deposit (mine was $700). We described everything in our 3000+ sq. ft. house they were to move from Texas to Florida AND sent photos of most of the items. They arrive a day early for the move AND in a 26 foot rental truck ALREADY HALF FULL! The english speaking man immediately said "you have too much stuff - it weighs too much, too." He is telling me that any item that weighs over 49 pounds will not be moved and any number of boxes over 36 will not be moved. They required that every drawer in all the furniture be emptied so of course, there are a lot of boxes. So I phone my moving rep (Brandon) and he has been fired for underestimating customers' moving charges. Well, why didn't someone phone to let me know!?! I am now speaking with Cody who is a total jerk. Over two hours of a heated conversation, Cody wants to start reducing the amount of items we are to move in order to get the price down to what was quoted. What a scam!!! They thought they had me over a barrel since they knew I had sold my house and had to vacate. After over three hours of wasting valuable time on the phone, I fired the company. I quickly reserved two large moving trucks. My wife and I each drove a truck 1400 miles towing cars - and the drive took three days. Now I am trying to get my deposit back and they are not cooperating or willling to do anything but put all the blame on me. I strongly recommend not using this company. Turns out they don't even own trucks and are BROKERS for other moving companies. Daytona Beach Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2018 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/presidential-van-lines/daytona-beach-florida-32119/presidential-van-lines-presidential-movers-and-other-akas-using-presidential-this-company-1426371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

RETRACTING MY REVIEW

AUTHOR: Charles - (United States)

The owner of Presidential Van Lines in Daytona, Florida contacted me to sincerely appologize about my experence and to refund my deposit.  The owner had been out of the office for a couple of weeks dealing with a realtive in the hospital and was unaware of my situation.  The owner is a nice guy and was sincerely sorry for my experience while he was away from the office.

After speaking with the owner, I recommend this company.

Charles Randall