Complaint Review: Rob Griffin

• Rob Griffin
    PO Box 3420
    Hollywood, California
    USA

Rob Griffin is the founder of 420magazine.com, an online website spreading Cannabis Awareness.  And while he hides behind his facade of being an activist and advocate for the pot community, his true colors are that of a prejudiced bigot with severe hatred for the LGBT community.  In fact his hatred for LGBT individuals is so strong, that upon finding out one of his advertisers was a transsexual, he shut down our company's paid ads and stole the remaining year's balance we paid!

Rob Griffin is a shady individual who blames the rest of the world for his problems.  If he's not blaming the government or Paypal, or credit card processors, he's blaming you.  He takes no responsibility for any of his own actions, and has a quick to speak, slow to think mentality.  The more you talk to him the more you wonder just how many brain cells he has left. [continued below]....

.....

Who am I?  My name is Cammie Mckenzie and I am a victim of Rob Griffin's prejudice, hatred, libel and illegal act of theft.  I own a company called Hydro Grow LED, who was one of the first paid LED Grow Light advertisers on 420 Magazine back in 2009.  We paid for a year of advertising in October 2009, and then in early 2010 (April/May) Rob banned me from the forums after allowing everyone under the sun to attack me openly with no recourse.  He then canceled our advertisements from running on the forum and refused to refund back the pre-paid difference.  He stole nearly $1,000 in advertising revenue from our company - a paid sponsor.  Why?  Because Rob Griffin is prejudiced against me.

Despite banning me in 2010 and posting libelous material to his forum (that he still advertises to this day), he refused to allow me to post a rebuttal to the libel he is so proud of.  And yet everyone knows there are two sides to every story - but Rob Griffin could care less about fairness.  If he doesn't like what you say on his forum, he bans you without a second thought.  Try it for yourself - go on 420 Magazine and make a post about Hydro Grow LED, then watch how fast it's deleted and you're banned.  The man will stop at nothing with his personal prejudice vendetta against me...  He keeps calling me a fraud, when he defrauded our company.  He says I abandoned my children and have been running from the FBI for years...  All he does is attack my personal character with lies.  Who would believe that after 5 years of having my address posted on the internet that the FBI wouldn't have found me?  And if I abandoned my children, why do they live with me each summer?  But Rob Griffin doesn't care about truth - he cares about creating more of a prejudice against me amongst his readers - thus why he is so defensive about anyone who mentions my name or company on his site.

Recently another LED Grow Light company contacted me to inform me that Rob was advertising the libel on his site to them via emails, trying to convince people that he was a victim (somehow) of Hydro Grow, when he stole our advertising money!  He even accused this individual of being me and banned them permanently from his forum.  His paranoia knows no end - but one thing we do know is that he does not want you to ever learn the truth behind his stories...  He doesn't want you to have the other side of the story either.  He just wants to perpetuate hatred on his forum, a modern day hate-crime.

If you're thinking about advertising with 420 Magazine, think twice!  If Rob ever has a problem with you, he will ban you, trash your business on his forum, and steal any funds you paid him.  But how does he make stealing funds so easy you ask?  SIMPLE - 420 Magazine accepts CASH ONLY payments!  They REFUSE to accept credit cards or Paypal payments - once again blaming the government rather than opening his own merchant account.  Once he has your cash, you have no recourse.  Likewise because you paid him in cash, he doesn't have to report it to the IRS!  What a perfect money-laundering scheme!

It took 4 years for me to write a post about Rob Griffin.  I rarely act against anyone unless they have acted against me in the most heinous of ways, time after time.  It's only because Rob after 4 years is still beating a dead transsexual horse, and continuing to defame me openly, that I decided to strike back.  People deserve to know the true fraudulent nature of Rob Griffin.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2014 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rob-griffin/hollywood-california-90078/rob-griffin-prejudiced-bigot-steals-from-420-magazine-sponsors-hollywood-california-1149884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Rob Griffin Is One Of The Good Guys

AUTHOR: Richard - (United Kingdom)

This Report by Cammie is nonsense & unfair. It is simply a revenge act for being banned from a website for threatening innocent people who had bought her lights on trust, which was mercilessly betrayed. She is using her Transgender status as a weapon, just like she used the threat of law enforcement when a customer complained about faulty lights.

Rob Griffin is one of the most genuine and authentic people I have ever met. He is a sincere person, generous in spirit & sacrifices his life to his chosen cause. He lives to help others, especially the sick and elderly people on his website who depend upon the help they receive to grow their own medicine.

Rob does not judge people on their race, gender or sexuality. He is a straight-up, factual person who judges a topic based on its merits and is open to every kind of discussion. He does not attack a person, but he does defend his principles of fairness and equality,  seeking only to protect those whom he deems to be within his sphere of responsibility. This includes the members of his website, many of whom suffer from various illnesses (Including Cancer, MS, Alzheimer's, ADHD, PTSD, etc.) and are seeking help to grow and prepare their own medicine. These people have been let down by the medical system and Rob offers a free service, paid for by sponsors, that sustains a thriving community of experienced advisors and enthusiastic cheerleaders supporting novice growers.

I was privy to some of the discussions behind the scenes, where many members had issues with Cammie's juvenile and threatening behaviour. Rob Griffin behaved as anyone in a position of trust and responsibility should act. He simply defended his members against a scammer and warned others of said scammer with documentation & examples of her behaviour towards her customers.

She is well known online as a scammer and many people have complained about her business practices. Here is one example from a different cannabis forum in 2010:

thcfarmer.com/community/threads/fraud-cammie-mckenzie-fraud.26178/

There is also a Ripoff Report that was filled against Cammie, a couple of years before she filed this Report: ripoffreport.com/reports/hydro-grow-led-led-grow-lights/henderson-nevada-nv-89014/hydro-grow-led-led-grow-lights-cammie-mckenzie-hydro-grow-led-hydro-gro-ledgirl-led-955817

People have been complaining online about Cammie since 2003, when when Cammie McKenzie was Cameron Scott Wieldraayer of Night Szevyn Racing (car parts importer) and sold racing car parts under the name "Night7Racing" aka "NightXCZ77". Here are some links to various forums where customers have been scammed & complained because she stopped communicating:

zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=31514

honda-tech.com/forums/general-discussion-debate-40/anyone-live-near-suprise-az-i-have-been-scamed-532096/

forums.nicoclub.com/warning-cameron-wieldraayer-at-it-again-t115578.html

az240sx.org/forums/topic/10603-lawsuit-against-cameron-s-wieldraayer-being-filed/

honda-tech.com/forums/general-discussion-debate-40/me-5-others-have-been-scammed-%2425k-www-night7racing-com-rjc-trading-574960/

Ex-Sponsor Problems - Cammie Cammie Mckenzie & Hydro-Grow LED / Magnum LED

AUTHOR: 420 - ()

The staff of 420 Magazine wishes to advise its members and readers that we are again having trouble with Cammie McKenzie (formerly of Hydro-Grow LED and currently believed associated with Magnum LED)

Cammie and/or her associates are again posting falsehoods and innuendo around the net and while our preference is to handle these issues in private we will defend ourselves in public when necessary.

1) 420 Magazine, its owner(s), and staff are not anti-transgendered and honestly don't care about anyone's straight or LGBT status. The fact that some of us are being accused of bigotry toward the LGBT community is nothing more than a smear job without foundation, developed to ruin our reputation. Cammie was once a sponsor in good standing here, and this was reportedly during a very personal period in her life, where personal rumors and attacks were rampant. I personally scrubbed the site on more than one occasion to moderate for this injustice. We've had many LGBT people on our staff for years whom we love dearly; this is just pure nonsense.

2) The lights Cammie sold were of high quality. This was empirically true as evidenced by the awesome demonstration & competition thread put together by my old friend (Setting Sun). If you haven't seen this competition (which Cammie won), it's worth a read.

3) Cammie was banned and her Sponsorship terminated because she wouldn't stop disrupting the forum, arguing our policies in public, viscously attacked members, and in at least one instance threatened to call the Sheriff on a grower in an illegal state, over a disagreement about a returned good, unless he sent her $600. Any sponsor that threatens and/or attempts to blackmail members, doesn't practice fair trade, or otherwise acts disreputably is banned as a sponsor.

4) I personally spent hundreds of hours (not an exaggeration) scrubbing the site of problems, dealing with advisories to members that resulted from her abrasive nature, and working with Cammie trying to convince her to follow our rules. The ultimate ban and sponsorship termination only came after repeated warnings and our inability to affect a change in behavior. There was quite a bit of illogic in the discussions.

5) Some of her accusations are so far out there that I hesitate to even bother refuting them. For example no one from 420 Magazine ever said she abandoned her children or that she is running from the FBI.

420 Magazine, and I personally, wish Cammie the best of success in life and business but we would greatly appreciate it if she would just leave us alone. We simply do not want her name or her company's name being posted on our website anymore, because it always results in more drama and negative energy to clean up.