Complaint Review: 420 Magazine

• 420 Magazine
    PO Box 4320
    Hollywood, California
    USA

420 Magazine is a ruthless forum owned and operated by a consortium of fraudsters.  They pose as a cannabis advocacy website, but their true business is libel, defamation and fraud.

But what is the definition of fraud?  "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain."

I was deceived by 420 Magazine back in 2009.  I approached their organization and was offered a year of advertising for $1800.  I was told I could post on the forums, advertise our products, and contact moderators whenever someone was getting out of line to correct the problem.  But when it came time to do so, 420 Magazine quickly changed their stance.

We were one of the first LED Grow Light sponsors on 420 Magazine, back when the technology was unproven and many companies made grossly exaggerated claims. [continued below]....

.....  We were the first company to put our money where our mouth was, by giving away lights to moderators and users on 420 Magazine so they could show independent results that verified our claims.  The more our lights were proven, the more haters began to join in on discussions bashing me, my company, and our products.  Worst of all, over 90% of the negative comments (known as trolling on forums) came from persons who had never used our products!  And when we complained to 420 Magazine about how much we were being attacked on the forums, they told us "deal with it".  In fact they then began blaming us for the discourse on their site, despite our company being the victim of numerous unwarranted attacks.

One day a customer posted a libelous thread on 420 Magazine stating that I abandoned my children, have been running from the police, and turned him in to the police.  Rather than allowing me to respond to the situation, Rob Griffin and Soniq banned me.  They refused to allow me to post my rebuttal to their forum, making sure that the only story told is one of libel and defamation against me - a paid sponsor.  But that's not the worst of it.  We still had 6 months of pre-paid advertising that Rob and Soniq stole after shutting down our ads.  No - they didn't return the money like honest businessmen.  They stole it and then defamed my name and company, trying to bankrupt my business!  They made it a personal vendetta to come after me, and they'll do the same to you!  The defrauded me for 6 months worth of advertising, and still to this day they are continuing their personal prejudiced vendetta against me.

If you are considering advertising on 420 Magazine, be careful.  If Rob or Soniq ever have a problem with you, they will ban you without a second thought and steal your ad money.  After all they only let you pay in cash, so if you ever have a problem with them you have absolutely no recourse!  Only fraudulent businesses in 2014 (especially online businesses) take cash-only payments.  They want to be sure they can screw you over.

Several years later I reached out to Rob, asking him to settle our differences.  I explained I had no idea what his problem was with me, or why he was so prejudiced towards me, but that I wanted to put everything in the past and start over.  Do you think he took the olive branch?  No - he slapped me in the face with it and told me our company would NEVER be allowed back on his forum - but of course lacked any reasoning.

Rob Griffin is now under investigation for hate crimes against the LGBT community.  His co-workers who took part in the libel, defamation and hate crimes on his site are being included in the investigation.  It's just so sad that in 2014 people are still so prejudiced against transsexuals and lesbians...  And then they hide behind their hate like cowards, refusing to allow their victim a voice.  Good luck with the law boys - you're going to need it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2014 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/420-magazine/hollywood-california-90078/420-magazine-soniq-rob-griffin-wanted-for-fraud-libel-theft-defamation-hollywood-1149888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

420 Magazine Is A Genuine Medical Forum & Rob Griffin Is One Of The Good Guys

AUTHOR: Richard - (United Kingdom)

This Report by Cammie is nonsense & unfair. It is simply a revenge act for being banned from a website for threatening innocent people who had bought her lights on trust, which was mercilessly betrayed. She is using her Transgender status as a weapon, just like she used the threat of law enforcement when a customer complained about faulty lights.

Rob Griffin is one of the most genuine and authentic people I have ever met. He is a sincere person, generous in spirit & sacrifices his life to his chosen cause.  He lives to help others, especially the sick and elderly people on his website who depend upon the help they receive to grow their own medicine.

Rob does not judge people on their race, gender or sexuality. He is a straight-up, factual person who judges a topic based on its merits and is open to every kind of discussion. He does not attack a person, but he does defend his principles of fairness and equality,  seeking only to protect those whom he deems to be within his sphere of responsibility. This includes the members of his website, many of whom suffer from various illnesses (Including Cancer, MS, Alzheimer's, ADHD, PTSD, etc.) and are seeking help to grow and prepare their own medicine. These people have been let down by the medical system and Rob offers a free service, paid for by sponsors, that sustains a thriving community of experienced advisors and enthusiastic cheerleaders supporting novice growers.

I was privy to some of the discussions behind the scenes, where many members had issues with Cammie's juvenile and threatening behaviour. Rob Griffin behaved as anyone in a position of trust and responsibility should act. He simply defended his members against a scammer and warned others of said scammer with documentation & examples of her behaviour towards her customers.

She is well known online as a scammer and many people have complained about her business practices. Here is one example from a different cannabis forum in 2010: thcfarmer.com/community/threads/fraud-cammie-mckenzie-fraud.26178/

There is also a Ripoff Report that was filled against Cammie, a couple of years before she filed this Report: ripoffreport.com/reports/hydro-grow-led-led-grow-lights/henderson-nevada-nv-89014/hydro-grow-led-led-grow-lights-cammie-mckenzie-hydro-grow-led-hydro-gro-ledgirl-led-955817

People have been complaining online about Cammie since 2003, when when Cammie McKenzie was Cameron Scott Wieldraayer of Night Szevyn Racing (car parts importer) and sold racing car parts under the name "Night7Racing" aka "NightXCZ77". Here are some links to various forums where customers have been scammed & complained because she stopped communicating:

zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=31514

honda-tech.com/forums/general-discussion-debate-40/anyone-live-near-suprise-az-i-have-been-scamed-532096/

forums.nicoclub.com/warning-cameron-wieldraayer-at-it-again-t115578.html

az240sx.org/forums/topic/10603-lawsuit-against-cameron-s-wieldraayer-being-filed/

/honda-tech.com/forums/general-discussion-debate-40/me-5-others-have-been-scammed-%2425k-www-night7racing-com-rjc-trading-574960/

Ex-Sponsor Problems - Cammie Cammie Mckenzie & Hydro-Grow LED / Magnum LED

AUTHOR: Soniq - ()

The staff of 420 Magazine wishes to advise its members and readers that we are again having trouble with Cammie McKenzie (formerly of Hydro-Grow LED and currently believed associated with Magnum LED)

Cammie and/or her associates are again posting falsehoods and innuendo around the net and while our preference is to handle these issues in private we will defend ourselves in public when necessary.

1) 420 Magazine, its owner(s), and staff are not anti-transgendered and honestly don't care about anyone's straight or LGBT status. The fact that some of us are being accused of bigotry toward the LGBT community is nothing more than a smear job without foundation, developed to ruin our reputation. Cammie was once a sponsor in good standing here, and this was reportedly during a very personal period in her life, where personal rumors and attacks were rampant. I personally scrubbed the site on more than one occasion to moderate for this injustice. We've had many LGBT people on our staff for years whom we love dearly; this is just pure nonsense.

2) The lights Cammie sold were of high quality. This was empirically true as evidenced by the awesome demonstration & competition thread put together by my old friend (Setting Sun). If you haven't seen this competition (which Cammie won), it's worth a read.

3) Cammie was banned and her Sponsorship terminated because she wouldn't stop disrupting the forum, arguing our policies in public, viscously attacked members, and in at least one instance threatened to call the Sheriff on a grower in an illegal state, over a disagreement about a returned good, unless he sent her $600. Any sponsor that threatens and/or attempts to blackmail members, doesn't practice fair trade, or otherwise acts disreputably is banned as a sponsor.

4) I personally spent hundreds of hours (not an exaggeration) scrubbing the site of problems, dealing with advisories to members that resulted from her abrasive nature, and working with Cammie trying to convince her to follow our rules. The ultimate ban and sponsorship termination only came after repeated warnings and our inability to affect a change in behavior. There was quite a bit of illogic in the discussions.

5) Some of her accusations are so far out there that I hesitate to even bother refuting them. For example no one from 420 Magazine ever said she abandoned her children or that she is running from the FBI.

420 Magazine, and I personally, wish Cammie the best of success in life and business but we would greatly appreciate it if she would just leave us alone. We simply do not want her name or her company's name being posted on our website anymore, because it always results in more drama and negative energy to clean up.