Report: #1419594

• Reported By: Madhanagopal — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States
  • Samsung

Nationwide
    United States

Samsung Had my phone traded in, but delaying my order for new phone Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Hmm... Not sure...

I had purchased a new Note 8 mobile which I had received on 12/13/2017. I had used the offer to trade in my Note 5 mobile ($400) for this purchase. When I recevied the Note 8, I could see some scratches on the mobile.  I had called the customer care immediately and they had asked me to send both the devices (Note 5 and 8) and place a new order. I had sent my trade-in device (Note 5) on 12/19/2017.

I had called Customer service again on 12/20/2017 before returning my Note 8 regarding the new replacement order. Customer representative told me that - Since I had already traded in my Note 5, I would receive a $400 coupon within 3-5 days which I can use for the new order of Note 8. I believed the same and sent the Note 8 back to Samsung. When I called customer service again regarding the coupon, they started saying that coupon would take 3-4 weeks to be sent to me. Now I am left with no phone and am depending on my friends for any phone calls. I tried to explain the same to Samsung multiple times, but I have not got any proper solution. I am still waiting for the $400 coupon to place a new order.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2017 05:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/samsung/nationwide/samsung-had-my-phone-traded-in-but-delaying-my-order-for-new-phone-nationwide-1419594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Hmm... Not sure...

AUTHOR: Chaiya - (United States)

There seems to be a discrepency in the information. How do they know that you will get $400 for the trade-in device for sure? I believe that the $400 is "up to" but not the amount everyone will get. So I hope you will get the amount you want, but don't be disappointed if it is lower than $400.

Also, please do not use past perfect tense in your writing. You could simple use past tense only. Past perfect tense is used to describe an event which happened before another event you were talking about. Your report could easily confuse native English speakers.